lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #11
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Series cart, 48volt, 7126 AMD motor?

Sir Nuke,

What were you getting speed & torque wise with the stock 2.5hp motor and the scottyb conversion kit with the 36v pack? I know torque is hard to measure but was it adequate with the 23" tires? speed range? Thanks.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
Sir Nuke,

What were you getting speed & torque wise with the stock 2.5hp motor and the scottyb conversion kit with the 36v pack? I know torque is hard to measure but was it adequate with the 23" tires? speed range? Thanks.

shrp
You have to remember, my cart is a SERIES cart.....you can do all the upgrade you want but if you stay with the stock motor, the speed will NOT change.....which is exactly why when I did my total upgrade, I went with the motor I did.....and why, even with only 36v, I can run 27 mph on flat ground. which is pretty much all I do as its as flat as a board in my neighborhood.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #13
LimoTinted
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS View Post
Just pulled the trigger on a AMD 7126, going in my 48 volt converted TXT, anyone got some recorded speeds on 48?
Has the stock 12.44 ratio and 23" tires, 700 amp controller, big cables, hd switch etc from Scotty
My old cart was a 48v converted series, 2ga cables, Scotty's contacting reverser, disc brakes, 8.1 gears, SPM-48500 controller, D&D61 highest speed motor, 215/40/12 tires which measured about 19-20" depending on inflation. With just me on the cart and the windshield down it would run 34mph. The frame had some rot so and some screwy wiring from the PO so I scrapped that cart and am currently putting together a new one. Same set up except switching to the 700am FSIP controller this time. I don't expect to see much change except maybe a little better hole shot. I will likely change to a little taller tire once these wear out a little for a little more top end.
LimoTinted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:58 PM   #14
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
You have to remember, my cart is a SERIES cart.....you can do all the upgrade you want but if you stay with the stock motor, the speed will NOT change.....which is exactly why when I did my total upgrade, I went with the motor I did.....and why, even with only 36v, I can run 27 mph on flat ground. which is pretty much all I do as its as flat as a board in my neighborhood.
Gotcha. I have a SERIES cart also. Was just wondering if you had the upgrades on it before you put the new motor on. Wanted to have a baseline. My cart currently runs about 17-18 with stock motor & controller with the current lift (4" maybe) and 23" tires. I'd be happy around that speed but the higher level of torque as long as it has plenty of torque.

Was trying to get the upgrade order placed today but ran into a couple of issues at work just before I could finish it. hopefully I'll get the stuff coming tomorrow.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:09 AM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
Gotcha. I have a SERIES cart also. Was just wondering if you had the upgrades on it before you put the new motor on. Wanted to have a baseline. My cart currently runs about 17-18 with stock motor & controller with the current lift (4" maybe) and 23" tires. I'd be happy around that speed but the higher level of torque as long as it has plenty of torque.

Was trying to get the upgrade order placed today but ran into a couple of issues at work just before I could finish it. hopefully I'll get the stuff coming tomorrow.

shrp
I did EVERYTHING except the motor all at once.....I had it ordered, but it didn't come in as fast as the rest of the drive system. So, ran with the stock motor for about a week while I was breaking in my new batteries, the torque was fine, it was just to frickin' slow, the next weekend I swapped out the motor......the new motor solved that.....but I knew that when I ordered everything. STOCK.....14 to 15 mph......currently, 27 mph.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:12 AM   #16
gunnardog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It probably would be better to start a new thread for your questions since they are about a SepEx drive system and Shawn has a Series drive system.

The casual reader may get confused trying to switch back and forth between the two.

At 35 MPH on 21" tires with 12.44:1 gears, your motor is spinning at nearly 7,000 RPM and the max recommended RPM for most cart motors is in the 6,000 to 6,500 RPM range.

I see you list the tire size as 22" in your signature block, if so, at 35 MPH the the motor is still spinning at about 6,650 RPM, so you are pushing the motor's RPM envelope in either case.

What are you looking for in a new motor?
More Speed.
More Torque.
Not slowing down as much going uphill.
---------------

BTW: You list a DCS400PDS controller on your signature block, I'm pretty sure you mean DCX400PDS,
JohnnieB that is correct I forgot about my cart specs being written below. The tread on my tires did wear down some and I aired down my tires some also so real rolling diameter now is 21". I will start a new thread I just wanted to give a little 48V feedback to the OP
gunnardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #17
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

i barrowed 2 six volt batteries from a buddy of mine to make it 48v just to see what would happen........ i am running 500amp axe ,beefed up F&R switch doubled up all my wires running stock motor (advanced DC motor part number A02-4012)and running 26" tires and i have a go fast button and i with the windshield down and a slight down hill i have hit 34mph going back up that hill i have hit 30mph
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #18
SHAWN DAVIS
Gone Wild

Got the motor on, slow response gps showed 33.8 before I ran out of road. Batteries kinda weak, been sitting for a month. May have 35 in it with fresh charge, feels much better. Guess I'm happy, for now
SHAWN DAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS View Post
Got the motor on, slow response gps showed 33.8 before I ran out of road. Batteries kinda weak, been sitting for a month. May have 35 in it with fresh charge, feels much better. Guess I'm happy, for now
very cool......NOW.....all I have to do is wait for time to up my pack to 48v. lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO