lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Alexander2702
Not Yet Wild

Default 1980 Ez go marathon

Hi everyone, ok I have a 1980 ez go marathon 3 wheel I am working on restoring. I have hit a confusing issue. On a good set of 36 volt (or even a 12 volt truck battery for that matter) hooked straight to the motor, the motor runs great, lots of power. But when I wire it all up and try to run it I get nothing. I have replaced the solenoid so I know it is good and I wired it not only off the diagram but I have a friend that had the same cart and I wired it exactly like his and I still get no power, but like j said the same batteries will run the motor when i bypass everything else. I know this is a broad question but I have beat my head up against the wall in this one and if anyone can shine light on the subject it will be much appreciated.
Alexander2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1980 Ez go marathon

Cart on jackstands with rear tires off ground for safety.

Does the solenoid click when pedal is pushed?

If so, connect the negative test lead to the main negative terminal on the battery pack and the positive test lead on the A1 terminal on the motor.

Press pedal to floor and you should have full battery pack voltage.

If you don't have pack voltage, you have an open circuit someplace between the A1 terminal on the motor and the main positive terminal on the battery pack. (Highlighted in red on attached schematic)

If you do have pack voltage at A1, check for voltage on the cables, contacts and connections highlighted in purple.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor cart - Schematic - High Current Traced.JPG (93.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #3
That80sGuy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1980 Ez go marathon

You've checked the fuse?
That80sGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring/motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO