lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
bricks
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring question-PDS

Coming out of the back of the charging receptacle on my cart there are three wires. On of the wires is a red wire that has a spade connector where you could unplug it if need be. This wire is corroded at the connector and has broken off of the connector. The cart will not move, and the reverse buzzer does not sound. This is how I discovered the wire was not connected.

My question is, does this need to be replaced with another spade connector where it could be unplugged, or could I just put a butt connector where the two parts of the wire are connected permanently?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring question-PDS

I had that same in-line connector fail a couple years ago and twisted the two wires together, soldered them and capped with a wire-nut, making an accessible test point for troubleshooting.

A butt-connector would work just fine.

That in-line spade connector just makes the charge receptacle and wiring harness easier to install on the assembly line.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
bricks
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring question-PDS

Thanks for the quick reply!
bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO