lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #11
Sweet5ltr
Getting Wild

Default Re: My $8,000 lifted RXV rides like garbage. Selling it, need help on what I did wron

2.5" additional width on each side. If your cart has a standard 4 on 4 hub/lug pattern, I have some aluminum spacers you can have that are 2.5" to widen rear track to match. Previous owner had them on my cart and I took them off.

My cart runs near 40mph so it definitely helps with the wider track for stability!
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #12
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My $8,000 lifted RXV rides like garbage. Selling it, need help on what I did wron

Not the same cart as yours but I was getting a rough ride with my cart and a loud bang (shocks bottoming out in rear) I just extended my shocks 1/2 way out and re drilled holes in the mounting brackets, then cut off the excess. worked for me.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #13
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
2.5" additional width on each side. If your cart has a standard 4 on 4 hub/lug pattern, I have some aluminum spacers you can have that are 2.5" to widen rear track to match. Previous owner had them on my cart and I took them off.

My cart runs near 40mph so it definitely helps with the wider track for stability!
Interesting. So it only widens the front and the long travel kit doesnt provide the same in the back? That sounds like it would look very awkward without spacers. Why did you take them off?
GotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #14
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

$8g on a golf cart? Sounds like your trying to make a SXS out of a golf cart. I bought a new Kawasaki Teryx SXS for about the same money. A golf cart will never behave as good as a SXS. Why spend so much to try and lift a golf cart and make it perform like something made to drive nice off road like a SXS? A golf cart will never be as smooth. It's made to do 10mph on a smooth course lol.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:43 PM   #15
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotaCamaro View Post
Interesting. So it only widens the front and the long travel kit doesnt provide the same in the back? That sounds like it would look very awkward without spacers. Why did you take them off?

Yep the ones I have seen only widen the front. And yes they look silly.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #16
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
$8g on a golf cart? Sounds like your trying to make a SXS out of a golf cart. I bought a new Kawasaki Teryx SXS for about the same money. A golf cart will never behave as good as a SXS. Why spend so much to try and lift a golf cart and make it perform like something made to drive nice off road like a SXS? A golf cart will never be as smooth. It's made to do 10mph on a smooth course lol.
Well i love the electric aspect of it. I like that its quiet. I ride around drinking all the time the last thing I need is to cause unwanted attention. The fact that it goes 30mph and is super quiet is amazing. It is very unstable at those speeds but thats what I am trying to work on for the next one
Old 12-10-2015, 01:36 AM   #17
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Is the rear end also adjustable for lifting up to 10 inches on the long travel kit? or only the front?
Old 12-10-2015, 06:15 AM   #18
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Well i love the electric aspect of it. I like that its quiet. I ride around drinking all the time the last thing I need is to cause unwanted attention. The fact that it goes 30mph and is super quiet is amazing. It is very unstable at those speeds but thats what I am trying to work on for the next one

I see. With the lift and all I figured you were trying to make an off road machine.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #19
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Ok so i spent 8 billion dollars on my golf cart and I am unhappy. Below is a link with list to mods.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/for/5335859002.html

I installed a 6 inch jakes lift kit ( I went cheap here I regret it). I did not install rear heavy duty leaf springs (didnt know i needed to). So Basically when I am riding around anytime I hit any type of bump the rear end bangs loud. If I have 2 passengers in the back it is horrible experience driving. BANG on a dip in the road.

Would heavy duty leaf springs help my situation or not really with passengers? In general it is not a smooth ride, especially when riding over grass etc. Would you recommend jakes long travel kit? Is that my only option for a better ride? and how much better? Does jakes long travel kit replace the existing lift it? or work with it? I am not sure how much the long travel kit actually lifts the cart? I am looking for a 6 inch+ lift.

Money is no option here I just want to get this right and I thought I did all right and messed up. I plan on selling it and just doing a new build.
No reference to the ..."rides like garbage" in the ad?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #20
Sweet5ltr
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
An enormous majority of campgrounds or residential neighborhoods are not going to tolerate any SXS. A new cart is $6,000+, it's quite easy to spend $8,000+ on a modified one. For off roading only, no contest, a SXS.
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO