lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #21
Sweet5ltr
Getting Wild

Default Re: My $8,000 lifted RXV rides like garbage. Selling it, need help on what I did wron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotaCamaro View Post
Interesting. So it only widens the front and the long travel kit doesnt provide the same in the back? That sounds like it would look very awkward without spacers. Why did you take them off?
The previous owner had them on the front of the cart, as you can notice, it's not a normal cart. The Jeep Willys body with the flat fenders needed the 2.5" to look proportional in the front, which the LT kit gave me other than using the spacers. Even from directly behind the cart, it looks perfect. It's an all metal body, stamped and rolled professionally, built around 25-30 years ago with correct tooling (if you noticed the stamped metal on the side) for a Jeep Willys. It's been garage kept since then, absolutely no rust and aluminum CC frame; one off type of build by an avid Jeep enthusiast and metal worker. The tires are recaps from a company based in Nashville, TN, they are the only shop that made the classic ITP Super Swamper TSL design that fit my 14" wheel.

On a regular golf cart, you need the 2.5" rear spacers in the rear to match the front. They look ridiculous without them IMO. It's funny, even in a place like Disney World here in Florida, which costs a family an average of $2,000-3,000 for a short vacation; I still notice chinese branded, eBay lift kits on BRAND NEW $6,000+ carts!

As for the rear, I utilized the extended springs seats (which are included in kit), with aftermarket U-Bolts (which the kit includes, but are not the correct length). I also used Monroe Shocks (58273) with HD leaf springs. The leafs are swapped on top of the axle. The rear is not adjustable for a CC, but I got around 8" out of this setup which you can easily match the front with for a level ride. Shackle extensions can raise the body up higher as well if required. I have an ULTRA smooth ride now, and like I said, it was a night and day difference in comparison to before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12309650_10201271028373845_6514806822231637487_o.jpg (417.9 KB, 0 views)
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #22
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Default Re: My $8,000 lifted RXV rides like garbage. Selling it, need help on what I did wron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
The previous owner had them on the front of the cart, as you can notice, it's not a normal cart. The Jeep Willys body with the flat fenders needed the 2.5" to look proportional in the front, which the LT kit gave me other than using the spacers. Even from directly behind the cart, it looks perfect. It's an all metal body, stamped and rolled professionally, built around 25-30 years ago with correct tooling (if you noticed the stamped metal on the side) for a Jeep Willys. It's been garage kept since then, absolutely no rust and aluminum CC frame; one off type of build by an avid Jeep enthusiast and metal worker. The tires are recaps from a company based in Nashville, TN, they are the only shop that made the classic ITP Super Swamper TSL design that fit my 14" wheel.

On a regular golf cart, you need the 2.5" rear spacers in the rear to match the front. They look ridiculous without them IMO. It's funny, even in a place like Disney World here in Florida, which costs a family an average of $2,000-3,000 for a short vacation; I still notice chinese branded, eBay lift kits on BRAND NEW $6,000+ carts!

As for the rear, I utilized the extended springs seats (which are included in kit), with aftermarket U-Bolts (which the kit includes, but are not the correct length). I also used Monroe Shocks (58273) with HD leaf springs. The leafs are swapped on top of the axle. The rear is not adjustable for a CC, but I got around 8" out of this setup which you can easily match the front with for a level ride. Shackle extensions can raise the body up higher as well if required. I have an ULTRA smooth ride now, and like I said, it was a night and day difference in comparison to before.
Thanks for the info. That is one cool cart.
GotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:50 AM   #23
Sweet5ltr
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotaCamaro View Post
Thanks for the info. That is one cool cart.
To note how ridiculous they look without spacers.. This is my local CL:
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/snd/5330163019.html
Old 12-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #24
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Its not as bad as i thought but yes def need spacers
GotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #25
Sweet5ltr
Getting Wild

Look at the picture showing the front stance, now look under the cart at the rear tires.. That shows you how much of a drastic difference it actually is.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #26
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Back to thinking about your original complaint. The horrible ride and bang noise, the tires look like they'd shake your teeth out and the bang appears to be shocks based on the earlier responses.

I'd stick HD springs on it and swap the rubber for more of a street tread. You can keep the same size tire, but the tread pattern would cause enough vibration to drive me nuts on pavement.

HD springs don't cost that much, neither does swapping the tires. Heck, it'll look ugly but for a temporary test you can get a set of used stock wheels/tires to stick on there!

Just my $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO