lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #31
chadowen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 Marathon 36v slow go

I have a stock F&R, Selonoid, and Controller from a 91 Marathon (and some cables) that you can have for the shipping costs if that would help you find your issue.
chadowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #32
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow that's awesome of you to offer that. More than appreciated. I sent the controller out to a place I found the diagnoses and fixes them. I should get that back this week and will see if that helps. If it doesn't I'll take you up on the offer. Thanks for trying to help!
boatcrazy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #33
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I installed the controller that was supposed to have checked out good and still no go. I've tried to test a couple things. Connect DVM to B- and M- on controller and you should get FPV when you push the pedal far enough to engage the solenoid, which I did and I get FPV. The test also says as you push the pedal down the volts should go to 0, which it does not. It stays at FPV. The test says if the volts dont decrease it is either a controller issue or throttle issue.

On the throttle, which I assume is the pot box on this cart. I tested the white and black wires with Ohms, and as I push the pedal it starts at 0 and goes to about 6000. I think that is in range of whats recommended. For volts when I push the pedal to the floor I get FPV on the blue wire, 6.2 on the white and 6.2 on the black. Does all that sound correct?

I also did a motor test, jumping terminals and connecting to 12v battery and the motor turns.

Seems like it has to be the controller right??
Old 02-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sure sounds like a bad controller.

A Curtis 1204 with a 0-5k throttle will shut off if the throttle gets up to about 7000Ω, but it should run fine up to there.

A page or so back, you mentioned getting a different controller. What is the complete model number on the controller?

The suffix tells what type throttle input the controller needs to work. If the throttle type is wrong, it won't work in your cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #35
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, I didn't get a new controller, I sent the one I had out for repair and upgrade to 400amp. I'm questioning now if that work was done correctly.

CHOADOWEN, I tried to send you PM about your offer to use your stock controller for a test. If that offer still exists can you open up your profile to PM so we can work that out or I guess send me a PM? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #36
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 91 Marathon 36v slow go

Posting an update to close out this thread. Last night I changed the terminal ends on the wires from the pot box to the controller. I also upgraded all the wires to the micro switches, key switch and solenoid to 14awg. The cart came alive!! Runs great in forward, lots more torque than before with all the upgrades. None of the wires or ends looked damaged, broken or corroded. The only suspicious item I saw what that the white and black wires from the pot box to controller were a little discolored towards the end of the wire where the terminal end was. It wasn't hard or burnt, just a different slightly reddish color.

My only issue now is that wit ont run in reverse. The reverse alarm comes on but no power. Suspect a micro switch on the FNR is bad as result of connecting wires to the solenoid a while back incorrectly. Will investigate that and hopefully solve the issue. If I can't figure that out I'll start a different thread.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions from the forum. I think I have the wiring diagram memorized now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO