lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does my 96 electric EZGO have a solenoid?

Take a look at Ezgo Troubleshooting here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-troubleshooting.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2016, 04:09 PM   #22
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

ScottyB IF I need a new controller, do you carry them or where is the best place to get one? I got my friend over there with the meter and he got a reading on everything but the top right (if you're standing at the front of the cart looking down at it) black one on the controller??
jeanneo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #23
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Take a look at Ezgo Troubleshooting here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-troubleshooting.html
OK, Thanks :)
Old 01-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That T shooting guide will help your friend determine if the solenoid is bad or if the solenoid activation circuit is at fault.
This is a very important step that will avoid throwing money at parts you don't need.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #25
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That T shooting guide will help your friend determine if the solenoid is bad or if the solenoid activation circuit is at fault.
This is a very important step that will avoid throwing money at parts you don't need.
Good Morning Scotty, I finally got someone over here to trace things for me and we finally found that the problem was inside the charger receptacle. on the small white wire there is like a small red pigtail that has a small piece of metal that goes into a tiny hole. This had become corroded and broke. He striped the wire back to the white and put it under the screw with the larger white on to see if that would make it go while jacked up. it did!! YAY!!! Now the question is what was the small red wire and piece of metal for? and will having it on with the other white wire fry anything? Don't want to run it or charge it til I know.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #26
rib33024

They call that a Reed switch. It is there to disable the cart when you plug in the charger, so you can't drive the cart away with the charger plugged in, Safety. Run your charger cord through the steering wheel. And plug the cord in to your cart, so you can't get in the cart and drive away with the charger plugged in. The wire that your friend hooked up to the white wire is fine, That's the easy fix for this problem
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #27
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Talking Re: Does my 96 electric EZGO have a solenoid?

Thank you for all the help and advise and guides, You have no idea or maybe you do, how much money you saved me As for that being a saftey switch, that's a joke as my Mom has backed up about 4 times with it still plugged in, which may have caused part of the problem to begin with. Good idea about looping the cord!! In any case, the cart seems to be running GREAT and more oomph than I remember in more than a year. SOooo THANK YOU ALL!!! My next project is to put a battery meter on it. :)
Old 01-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A battery meter SHOULD be included in every new cart. But people prefer the gas gauge style but as anybody who has run out of gas can tell you they are not accurate.
We did side by side readings using a Fluke meter and found the 5 bar meter allowed the pack to run down 50% when the 2nd bar dropped off, leading the driver to believe they had more than 50% left Repeated deep discharge is a good way to kill off the batteries early

These inexpensive battery meters are very accurate. The 2 wire LED digital gauge is easy to connect and comes with a state of charge graph to show when you should have the cart back on the charger for best results.

See you next time

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-led-meters.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO