lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #11
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Seeking Ezgo curtis 1260AC-5350 manual

See picture . What is main pwm? This is value sitting still.

The em brake pwm is usually >20% of main pwm when moving under a varying of conditions.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The controller is programmed to use a specific voltage to "pull-in" (initial closing) the main contactor, EM (motor) brake, brake light relay, and everything that uses energy the same way a solenoid does. After "pull-in", which requires the most voltage, it reduces "holding" voltage to reduce heat load in the coil. This does not result in a "part way closed" condition, if that might have been your next question.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The controller is programmed to use a specific voltage to "pull-in" (initial closing) the main contactor, EM (motor) brake, brake light relay, and everything that uses energy the same way a solenoid does. After "pull-in", which requires the most voltage, it reduces "holding" voltage to reduce heat load in the coil. This does not result in a "part way closed" condition, if that might have been your next question.

Ok. There's got to be an output that I can add to the plotter to identify what could be sending a signal to the brake under these intermittent circumstances.

Again, I don't receive any errors. During my troubleshooting of the issue, I replaced the brake and throttle sensors (at the pedals).
Old 02-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #14
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
Ok. There's got to be an output that I can add to the plotter to identify what could be sending a signal to the brake under these intermittent circumstances.

Again, I don't receive any errors. During my troubleshooting of the issue, I replaced the brake and throttle sensors (at the pedals).

Checking in if someone has further thoughts regarding how to diagnose this problem.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The motor brake is a "parking brake" only, not to slow down when brake pedal is pressed (unless pressed to floor, panic-stop). It requires power to Unlock it, take the power away & it locks
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO