lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #1
Bandicooot244
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZgo txt upgraded, but now i'm wanting more!

SO, I have upgraded my TXT (except the stock motor) with ScottyBs' Pck 485 and HD F/R...was an easy install even though the whole time I felt like i was doing something wrong and was worried about wasting all this money and frying the electronics..but i was just making the diagrams harder then they actually are..

all i notice in the cart now is a little difference in the torque...one big difference is driving through the grass with just me, the cart doesn't bog/slow down anymore.. but i am still noticing the cart slows down some on minor inclines in the road...so now that i'v made my first dive into the world of golf cart customization.. i'm spoiled....and i wanna do more.... so here's my question(s)

1) is the torque difference the only difference i should be seeing from the upgrade? Could i have wired something wrong causing lack of more power?

2) Can the SPM48500 controller be changed/reprogrammed to get a better performance with this new equipment?

3) is a motor upgrade my next choice if i want a little more speed?...not a lot but just a little more?

On a side not, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the way ScottyB packaged my electronics via mail.. you would have thought I had my grandma's URn in there it was so protected with custom packaging, cushion etc..Kuddos for that ScottyB...OK i'm done rambling...

Added pics of cart and what i installed in case anyone is wondering

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5328.jpg (218.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5373.jpg (170.6 KB, 0 views)
Bandicooot244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2016, 06:56 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZgo txt upgraded, but now i'm wanting more!

Nothing you installed so far is designed to increase speed. The new components in that kit are intended to be more robust and efficient than the stock components in your series cart. For the next step you might want to consider a Bandit upgrade from Plum Quick (another site sponsor) for your existing motor.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

48v. In my case it transformed the cart.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suggest the next step for somebody looking for a marked improvement in performance is a 48v upgrade. The stock motor will produce 33% more speed and torque on 48v.

For anybody looking for more reading on what to expect from series or sepex cart upgrades go here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-upgrades.html

Generally this:
This is a series drive cart. A bigger speed control will allow the motor to access more amperage. The motor will use this additional amperage to make more torque which will increase power but it will not increase top end speed - more voltage will increase motor rpm. 48v will increase top end by 33%. The cart will go 18-20 mph with 48v.
Use controller pkg 485
HD F&R EZ575
Cable set #2
You will have to upgrade the controller and solenoid in order to be able to run 48v. The stock motor can run on 48v. Aftermarket motors built for more torque or more speed or a combination of both torque and speed. Speed up to 25 mph is available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

I'm in the same basic situation, and I'm wanting a little more speed. This is good info.
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #6
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I suggest the next step for somebody looking for a marked improvement in performance is a 48v upgrade. The stock motor will produce 33% more speed and torque on 48v.

For anybody looking for more reading on what to expect from series or sepex cart upgrades go here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-upgrades.html

Generally this:
This is a series drive cart. A bigger speed control will allow the motor to access more amperage. The motor will use this additional amperage to make more torque which will increase power but it will not increase top end speed - more voltage will increase motor rpm. 48v will increase top end by 33%. The cart will go 18-20 mph with 48v.
Use controller pkg 485
HD F&R EZ575
Cable set #2
You will have to upgrade the controller and solenoid in order to be able to run 48v. The stock motor can run on 48v. Aftermarket motors built for more torque or more speed or a combination of both torque and speed. Speed up to 25 mph is available.
I'm currently sourcing 2 additional batteries, bought 6 new ones last April. I've already upgraded the cart to 2g wires, would you be able to provide just the additional wires I need, rather than the entire set? Also, will by stock charger work still? 2002 TXT
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes we have the 'Plus 2' cable kit in 4g or 2g with a cable diagram. Unfortunately you cannot use the 36v charger unless your intention is to use 2 chargers but, that's not the best situation. We have a 48v DPI charger with a plug to fit your cart. I would link you to these pages but somebody will cry again so do your own legwork starting with the links in my signature.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got this charger: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-chargers.html
Works good.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #9
McVille100
Not Yet Wild

Nice looking buggy. Is that UT Burnt Orange paint?
McVille100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO