lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
LBrown867
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 48V Conversion - Battery Location?

I have talked to Scotty B about ordering the setup that was recommended to me on here by various guys. My initial plan was to order the SPM48500 controller, 400A HD Solenoid, 2 gauge wire set, and HD F&R Switch and stay on the 36V system (My cart is going to be a hunting buggy). I was possibly considering going 42V since I have a place to put the seventh battery with little work involved and to achieve that added torque (and my battery pack is brand new). Scotty mentioned converting it to 48V while I was at it since I was possibly considering already adding one battery. I have seen guys putting the extra batteries in the bagwell of their carts, but I am scared of the weight addition (causing it to flip or not climb well) in the back since my cart will be used to carry hunters through the woods with some weight in the back rack (deer, cooler, etc.).
  • If you have done this and have an easy, cheap solution to securing them in the bagwell and you are happy with it, please let me know what you did.
  • If any of you are running the setup I mentioned above on just 36V and you use your buggy to climb hills and get up creek banks, etc.(Hunting) like I will be and you are perfectly content with it, please share this with me as I would love to save the money on extra wires, batteries, and a charger if I can!

Thank you in advance for your opinions and help! I am wanting to get to the bottom of this ASAP so I can make my order.
LBrown867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48V Conversion - Battery Location?

I bought a 36 v cart and put one of scottys kits in it. I believe you would want it to be 48 v mainly for the torque you'll get. You can see my cart set up in my signature. I have carried 4- 200 lb hunters and a 220 lb deer out of the woods. I use a four wheeler rack on the back of the cart where two guys can sit and I installed a receiver hitch where I use a rack to carry deer. It has never seemed tipsy in the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (335.2 KB, 0 views)
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will only let me post one pic at a time on iPad. ? Here is receiver rack with a 160 lb doe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (249.2 KB, 0 views)
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Lucas.....are you only wanting to add 2 batteries? we don't know the age of your pack....but from our conversation the other day, something tells me your dad doesn't want to spring for a whole new pack.....I say this because there is another option, and it takes NO EXTRA ROOM.....get 6-8v batteries, has the same foot print as your current pack and will fit with no modifications.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
LBrown867
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The pack is brand new. I will edit that in my post. Hence why adding batteries was even a consideration. If the pack was old, I would do exactly what you said! As stated, I was set on the initial plan to order what we talked about and just keep it 36V. But I figured there had to be a few more people on here that are using their buggy like I will be and have their cart set up like I want mine to be and can provide feedback. I either want to know if spending $1000 on controller, solenoid, cables, and HD F&R Switch will be enough to allow it to do what I want it to or will it not be enough. If it isn't enough, then I don't see this cart being owned by us for very much longer! I considered pitching in money to help my dad if we decided to add a battery or two, but if it calls for a lot of work and fabrication of material, it won't be happening since neither my dad or myself have time or the money to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Lucas.....are you only wanting to add 2 batteries? we don't know the age of your pack....but from our conversation the other day, something tells me your dad doesn't want to spring for a whole new pack.....I say this because there is another option, and it takes NO EXTRA ROOM.....get 6-8v batteries, has the same foot print as your current pack and will fit with no modifications.
LBrown867 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, ezgo, series, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO