lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear light to led

I had some great help from folks here with finally getting my rear lights converted to led.

The old bulb was a 2057 12v 32/2cp

I replaced it with LED from Walmart the packaging said it would work for 2057 and 1157 bulbs.

I did not see any watts or amp information on the packaging. Any idea how many amps or power savings I am getting on my 12 Volt Accessory Battery by switching it out to led?

I am doing the front 55 watt bulbs next...

Not looking for anything exact, but wonder if these LEDs are worth switching out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #2
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rear light to led

I have an 18W LED light set and they are easily 2 times brighter than my old lights. To me the conversion was well worth it.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:41 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I switched all my bulbs to led (and replaced 2x 55w headlight bulbs with led bar). With electric carts, any energy not used by external sources (lights), is more energy left to turn the wheels. My headlights now use roughly half what they used to, but give better light. My tail lights are brighter, and dont regurlarly burn out like they used to. My gas cart charges a little hot compared to a dc/dc convertor. Short bulb lifespan has disappeared.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I switched all my bulbs to led (and replaced 2x 55w headlight bulbs with led bar). With electric carts, any energy not used by external sources (lights), is more energy left to turn the wheels. My headlights now use roughly half what they used to, but give better light. My tail lights are brighter, and dont regurlarly burn out like they used to. My gas cart charges a little hot compared to a dc/dc convertor. Short bulb lifespan has disappeared.
i use a aux battery so run time is not affected ...
Old 02-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I replaced my rear lights with LED the new ones I used were 3 watt each. 2057s are 27 watt each according to the internet. So two consume 54 watts. If your replacement bulbs were 3-watt like mine were then you saved yourself 48 watts of power with that switch.

If I correctly used the Ohms Law Calculator I saw online then you saved 4 amps.

Lastly, the 3-watt bulbs I have just say 3-watt on the label... The label is very often wildly inaccurate, but I don't have a reasonable method to use to know what the consumption really is... But usually the consumption on 12v leds is less, especially with China made stuff. So there you go. :)
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There are a ton of variables, but in general terms, LED replacement bulbs only use about 10% of the watts the original incandescent bulbs used to produce the same amount of light.

The tricky part is the the LED replacement bulbs tend to be brighter than the incandescent bulbs they replace, so the reduction in amps may be closer to 80% than the ~90% that what would have been realized if the light output had been exactly the same.

LED lighting is the way to go.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO