lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
ddh2433
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Best onboard charger

I recently experienced a power surge causing my delta quiq charger to bite the dust ( can't find any parts for these chargers so can't fix it ). Does anyone have any suggestions on a onboard charger. I have 48 volts 6/8 volt batteries. I don't need any special plug I have just the 5/16 lugs to mount to batteries. Or would I be better going with the DPI from Scotty. That is if he could set me up with the lugs. Thanx
ddh2433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

You are correct there are no parts available, but If you have a golf car dealer near you they should be able to send your charger to "flight systems industrial products" they can fix them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
ddh2433
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best onboard charger

How long will that take. I just bought new batteries and I don't want them o set too long. Does anyone know approximately how much this will cost to fix. What I see is the plug that goes into the charger burned up causing one of the prongs to burn up and break off. I took it apart and if I could get the connector I could replace it myself. Anymore ideas and cost.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #4
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh2433 View Post
How long will that take. I just bought new batteries and I don't want them o set too long. Does anyone know approximately how much this will cost to fix. What I see is the plug that goes into the charger burned up causing one of the prongs to burn up and break off. I took it apart and if I could get the connector I could replace it myself. Anymore ideas and cost.
Should be between $200.00 and $300.00 and take less than a week.
I own a golf car repair business but I'm not a sponsor on this site, just offering some help to people a lot of people don't know you can get the QE charger rebuilt

Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
ddh2433
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks ski-doo583 for your knowledge. With that cost would I be better off going with an onboard charger or something like a DPI charger.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #6
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Thanks ski-doo583 for your knowledge. With that cost would I be better off going with an onboard charger or something like a DPI charger.

I don't have a recommendation for them. Have never used them.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have one of those chargers. When you say plug, which plug? My charger has the plug that is mounted on the side of the cart. It is just a standard 110V three prong plug that is recessed in a socket. From there, a short cord goes back under the seat to anther standard 110V female. (Just a extension female) The cord coming out of the charger plugs in to that.

All of that stuff is pretty standard. The side mount is designed for the EZGO, but you could just bypass that for now and plug in the under seat plug. Since all that seems pretty straight forward, I'm guessing it's the plug coming right out of the charger that is burnt. If that's the case, just replace the plug. They sell those ends at lowes. I darn sure wouldn't pay someone very much to fix it.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:29 PM   #8
ddh2433
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Helirich it's the 10 pin connector that goes to the batteries to charge them. I can post a pic.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #9
Helirich
Gone Wild

Yea, that's different than mine. It has the three prong 110V stuff and just a two wire cable for the output to the batteries.

Edit, I don't understand what ten pins would be used for.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #10
ddh2433
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a pic of what it is. I will post two more I'm not sure how to do more than one at a time. image.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO