lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

Default Jakes lift, Txt install question for rear spacer

So, this should be very straightforward...I'm installing the drop axle lift on my 05 txt. The rear blocks for the back appear to just bolt on through the shock plate-5" spacer and the stock spring plate with the provided 6" bolts. BUT...

the instructions say to bolt the spring to the 5" spacer using stock u bolts then basically run the 6" bolt through like above. Not sure how this makes any sense or is even possible. What am I missing here??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (129.6 KB, 0 views)
taterm6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jakes lift, Txt install question for rear spacer

I think they ment stock u-bolt holes. In any case, your pic looks right except for possibly the spring center bolt is not in the plate. (Can't really see it good) it almost looks like there is a space between the plate and the spring. (As if it's sitting on the spring center bolt)
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

Yeah nothing is tight yet. Just hanging there till I figured out what they were talking about.

Here is a pic of their instructions: step 5,6,7,8. Very confused bc it should be just like I have it in pic but it keeps referencing stock hardware as well as longer supplied bolts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (298.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
Helirich
Gone Wild

I believe they are talking about reusing the leaf spring bolts that are at the front and rear of the spring. (The ones in the very end of the spring not the u-bolts)
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

Ah, seems you are correct. I knew I was over thinking or just reading into it too much. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO