lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 95 Club Car DS Snubber

How in the hell are you suppose to install this thing with out completely removing the pan?

When I had the regular leaf springs on the cart the snubber arm thingy didn't touch the frame and only hit the frame every now and again when I hit a bump. Well, when I installed the 4 leaf springs a while back it put the pan's snubber mount on the frame which sends a vibration through the cart at low speeds. I had a little rubber washer in there at one point and it worked okay but I've recently lost that so I ordered the snubber. Need some advise to get this thing on.
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
hotrod5337
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 Club Car DS Snubber

haha i cut mine on the bottom side and used a gigantic zip tie i had to hold it back together. used a dremal to shave a groove in the snubber the thickness and width of the zip tie so the metal wouldnt wear the tie. so far so good. no way in hell that thing was going to slip on without taking the entire pan loose
hotrod5337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I ended up cutting mine as well.

The directions in the manual say to jack the rear up and let the frame rest on jack stands. Then jack up the inner frame, remove the front leaf spring bolts and the motor pan should be able to be pushed back far enough to get the snubber on. I'm no mechanic or engineer but I be damned if you are going to be able to push the motor pan back just by removing the front leaf spring bolts. The pan is still connected to the axle witch is connect to the spring and shock witch both are connected to the frame So someone please explain to me how removing the front leaf spring bolts will allow the motor pan to be pushed back?
Old 10-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The rear of the springs are mounted to the shackles which are designed for some movement. Shocks will push a bit on the rubber mounts. So in theory it's possible. In reality you'll find the metal sleeves rusted to the bolts through those front spring mounts. I cut it to slide in place and glue my cut back together with contact cement.
http://www.dap.com/dap-products-ph/w...contact-cement
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is a wonderful theory that only works for someone with a gold horseshoe stuck up his ***. I will say I have new springs...that's what actually got me in the predicament so my spring bolts are not rusted. I should've tried it for the heck of it but cutting it and putting it in place took about 30 seconds.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #6
HBR
Gone Wild

I just replaced my snubber last week removing the front leaf bolts.

I always put anti-seize or water proof grease on the bolt and inner sleeve of all the bushings. After 12+ years of owning carts and doing that, I've never had one get rusted together.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #7
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

I chamfered the inside edge of the snubber and greased it up and was able to "roll" it in place with a crow bar.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #8
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

1992 DS here it's a pain in the *** but i pull the front spring bolts, rear spring bolts, lower shock bolts, jack under rear end stand under front of pan push the car forward replace and reinstall the bolts.
Chris15005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #9
wide'iwas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I wedged snubber on angle ...using floor jack ..jacked it n up ..moved snubber to tongue lined up with slot ..continued jackiing pan up to compress snubber ..after it ompressed ..lowered very slowly and pry it into position with large pry screw driver..it will compress ..too 5 minutes
wide'iwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #10
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I lucked out with my cart. I believe the 1984-1991 carts all have a removable tongue that makes this job easy. I don't know why they quit making them that way.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car