lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
charlieb1469
Not Yet Wild

Question Possible Clutch Issue or Adjustment?

Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope that I am posting this thread correctly and that it's not a repeat.

I recently bought a 2004 Club Car Precedent, gas Kawasaki engine. I've been going through it, cleaning things, checking everything out, etc.. One thing that I've noticed, is that when I start off it seems to engage correctly and "motor/rev" up and get to top speed (which isn't much but I'll search and/or post on that subject separately). While cruising though if I let of the gas and then put it to the floor again, it seems kind of hesitate, just slightly but does start going again but I don't hear or feel the rev and unless it's my imagination, doesn't seem to get to top speed. I don't know where to begin on what this might mean is wrong or if that's just how it rolls. A friend of mine has one lifted and who knows what else but his seems to always be responsive. I appreciate any feedback on this. I'm also talking with the previous owner and his mechanic for an answer (the seller is just the front man with a great location to sell from). I almost forgot to mention, I did replace the drive belt as it felt worn and after removing it confirmed it had seen better days....

Thank you.
charlieb1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
charlieb1469
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Possible Clutch Issue or Adjustment?

I'd like to follow up in that maybe it is getting to top speed after letting off the gas but what I would consider slow response when letting off and hitting the throttle.
charlieb1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car