lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
epcopres
Not Yet Wild

Default How often do you have to change the batteries?

After how may hours of use or how many years do you have to replace the batteries?

Thanks
epcopres is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How often do you have to change the batteries?

That question is way too subjective to get an accurate answer. So I'll give you some generalizations to help you out.

Life span on a set will be determined by maintenance, how many charge cycles the set has gone through, depth of discharge(s), among other variables.

Golf courses can get 2-3 years out of a well maintained set of batteries or somewhere north of 1000 cycles iirc.

For reference:

I have a set of F4 Trojan T105's that measure out just slightly less than a new set. They are still performing well today and I am hoping for another couple of years on them.
I have a set of Trojan 30XHS that are fully cycled twice every day and the first set lasted about three years or around 1500 cycles.

Your results may vary!

HIH!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts