lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Newbie with 88 EZGO

Hey yall, just bought me a new to me 88 EZGO.
Lifted and runs great.
Little weak, but a nice cart.

I am pretty raw to the golf carting, what can you tell me about my purchase? has the 244cc Robins in it.
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Newbie with 88 EZGO

Welcome

sounds like you did good --Have fun with it--
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

TO BGW !!!
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Here it is

Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Has a new carb on it. I could not find a governor, think it may have got taken off when the carb was replaced, but doesn't seem to have power or tendency to overrev when at WOT like the governor is off?

also noticed with the new carb, the air filter does not fit as from factory. It has been modded to fit a filter that will line up with the carb. Should I be worried? runs great. Just wish it was more powerful up hills
Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchance View Post
Has a new carb on it. I could not find a governor, think it may have got taken off when the carb was replaced, but doesn't seem to have power or tendency to overrev when at WOT like the governor is off?

also noticed with the new carb, the air filter does not fit as from factory. It has been modded to fit a filter that will line up with the carb. Should I be worried? runs great. Just wish it was more powerful up hills
Can you snap a picture of the engine bay? I am curious to see this air filter setup. Also, there are no revv limiters on these engines, they will revv till the bolts fall out. The governor is a lever that is actuated by the driven clutch cover and pulls the carb butterfly closed at a certain set speed (usually 14 to 15 I think). As far as power, do a compression test in both forward and reverse. This will tell a lot about the state of the engine and where your power issue may be.

This looks like a real clean cart! Excellent Buy!
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I will get a pic of the engine and post, hopefully tonight but may be tomorrow. How is that Robin engine? Seems a little on the weak side. My dad has an old Harley 3 wheeler that seems quicker and faster.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Here are a couple pics of the engine bay. Notice the different style air filter.......is that due to a carb that may not be the right one?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchance View Post
Here are a couple pics of the engine bay. Notice the different style air filter.......is that due to a carb that may not be the right one?

I would say that you are missing the air filter can. It looks like the original filter laying on the side, but it is supposed to be mounted in a round metal can attached to the long screw behind the battery, with a wing nut on top. Most likely when the previous owner installed the lift kit, the air flex hose was pinched due to the new angle, so the air cleaner was removed. If you can't find the original can, see if you can find a K&N filter that will fit the inlet of the carb.

The Gov cable is still attached to the carb, but may have been removed from the driven clutch, the white plastic cap on the right in the photo. Look for the lever arm that pulls the throttle back.
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
bauschracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Good looking cart! The air cleaner canister is missing, like said earlier. Just from the pictures you may want to change the fuel filters and check the fuel line for cracks.
Welcome to the world of 2 cycles.
Mike
bauschracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO