lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 2-stroke oil use

http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
mj_355
Getting Wild

is 65-1 a good ratio for yamalube use in my g1. I do a bunch of distance at full throttle. Is 65:1 good or something else?
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Where did you get 65:1 from? I've never heard of anyone trying to run that ratio.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarancher View Post
Nice link!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
mj_355
Getting Wild

Its just a ratio I made up in my mind. I want good lubrication and low smoke. I think after looking at the ratio web page, I think I will mix 2 oz of yamalube to a gal of gas.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #16
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretoy View Post
yamarancher where do you find a super super super acurate measuring tool for that mix
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarancher View Post
Let me rephrase, where would you find a measuring cup with those markings on the side?
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
mj_355
Getting Wild

Thats why im gonna go with 2 even oz's per gallon. As long as thats enough oil
Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #18
mj_355
Getting Wild

So is 2oz to a gallon enough oil?????
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I think you're safe with that mix. 65:1 is definitely enough oil. Keep this in mind:

More oil, less fuel=leaner mix, more detonation, poorer performance

Less oil, more fuel=richer mix, less detonation, better performance

Not enough oil=burned piston

Since these carts weren't designed to be run at "max rpm" the need for a high oil to gas ratio is not need. Think of a chainsaw, weed trimmer, or leaf blower. They are designed to run at max rpm and require more oil for protection, however, they smoke alot and don't run for very many hours.

The opposite would be our G1's. They were designed to run at low rpm with the occasional mid rpm "governed" high speed. The oil to gas ratio's don't need to be as high, provided you are not running at max rpm. So, in other words, if you still have a governor you can't go wrong. If you don't have a governor and you run at max rpm, you will need more oil.

I've seen threads here debating this issue and some people run 120:1 ratio's and report no smoke, good performance, and no problems. However, I've also seen where some people run 32:1 and make high speed runs with no problems.

I run 80:1 Echo brand oil with premium fuel on a totally rebuilt engine from crank up. It smokes at low rpm's but that's it, no trails of blue in the yard behind me. I have run at max rpm, but only a few times for very short periods of time. No issues, good performance, good reliability, no oil drips from the carb or exhaust flange or muffler. Make sure whatever oil you use it is for "air cooled" engines and contains a fuel stabilizer. The stabilizer not only conditions the fuel for storage, but also helps to protect the aluminum engine parts from damage caused by the ethanol that our gasolines have here in the U.S. I'd be just as concerned about the ethanol as the ratio of oil.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
jeffjonesflorida
floridaracerx

The higher the first number in a ratio the less oil is used in mixture

32:1 Common ratio for 2 stroke dirtbikes
30:1-40:1 Common use for race snowmobiles
50:1 Common ratio for 2T yard tools (trimmers, chainsaws ect..)

so 80:1 is not enough oil and 120:1 is just stupid.

even with whatever parts we needed supplied by the factory we never ran higher than 75:1 in a full mod race sled (and at that we replaced crank/cylinders/pistons every race)

my guess is slonomo has the ratios backwards?? (edit: just noticed slonomo states oil to gas ratio.. its actually GAS to Oil in the ratio.. side note:slonomo you should use more oil :) )

anywhere from 30-50:1 is fine and safe, but the carb needs to be jetted to match whatever ratio you use.
jeffjonesflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha