lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My Marathon Build!

Well since I haven't really even properly introduced myself, I figured I would start a build thread on my 1980 (I think?) Marathon. This is my first cart, and I'm already hooked! I've read through quite a few of the build threads on the site, and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna go as wild as many of those.....though I'm sure that's how they all start.

So I acquired this cart with the knowledge that it would need a new drive clutch and battery. What I didn't realize is that the motor is also going to need a rebuild, as the crankshaft has WAY too much play. the rear axles are also keyed, and there is quite a bit of play in the brake drums. So the plans as of right now are:

-Paint/repair body as best I can
-New drive clutch
-Replace ramp buttons on driven clutch (they still sell them?)
-Do top and bottom end rebuild on motor
-Hopefully either replace whole rear end with a splined-axle setup, or just replace axles and drum hardware with splined

Possibilities:
-HEI upgrade
-Lift/Bigger wheels

This build is gonna come along pretty slowly, funding being the main reason. I just bought an engagement ring, and with a wedding in the future I can't be dropping too much bank on a toy.

Since I know we all love pictures, here are a few of what I'm working with!

She sure is dirty!

This threw me for a loop
jcgonzal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO