lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Changing oil on RXV rear end

I am really particular when it comes to oil and my vehicles. I like to use synthetic fluid if possible. The other day I parked my lifted cart and noticed some oil dripped out of what appears to be a breather vent on the axle tube just to the left (drivers side) of the differential. I checked and don't see a way to check the fluid level. Is there a way to check the level or do I have to take the entire rear end out due to the fact that the pan is facing almost directly down. Also if oil is changed is it a standard gear oil like 90W, it has the smell of gear oil.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Changing oil on RXV rear end

There a rubber plug on the pan to check it. Now when I checked mine it was over full as in when I removed the plug some came out. So I jacked the back end up to fill it back like it was.and I was told by the local dealer it's 30 weight oil.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Changing oil on RXV rear end

Some posi lube works well on the disc in the posi unit in those rxv's
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO