lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default upgrades

Can I get some idea as to what upgrades I can do to my 95 ezgo 36 volt. so far I put a heavy duty F&R switch and all 4 guage cables. a set of new trojan batteries, I live in a retirement park and I use the cart to get the mail, evening ride with the wife, take the dog for a ride, ect. My brother lives here and has a club car 36 volt maybe a 91 model and his is faster. I would like to speed mine up a little just to be faster then his. Then when he says what did you do Ill tell him that I just washed it and gave it a coat of wax.
my cart is all stock now.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: upgrades

You need to jump in his & ride with your phone (gps) running in your pocket to find out how fast is "fast enough" to win that race. Tough to tell you how hard to kick the ball when we cant see the goalposts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

cgtech is right - more info will help fine tune 'faster' needs. However, I am guessing you want to be quicker & faster, i.e.; first off-the-line & faster at top speed. To do both you will need to consider a rebuilt motor that will give you both torque and top speed improvements, I went with Plumquick Bandit. Most likely you will also want to change the HD solenoid and controller to 400 amp minimum if you rebuild the motor. Contact Scottyb at Carts Unlimited for exceptional service and tech help on your need-for-speed and as cgtech suggested, get all the info on your brother's 'racer' so scottyb will know exactly what you have to do to ensure a solid victory in the ' Brother vs. Brother' battle. The 'Trophy' is probably just a few more dollars away. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome!

ps - you may want to consider how your brother may respond to your victory and look into being able to handle an upgrade to 48 volt. This could turn into a very interesting back-and-forth cart battle continuous that will need continuous updates.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Jim.....things to consider. I read one of your other threads so I know your cart is a SERIES cart. as cgtech mentioned, find out how fast his cart is to make yours faster. you already got one of scotty's HD F&R switches, and new set of 4 ga cables. but what you are most likely going to have to do is to upgrade the controller to either a 400 or 500 amp (the SPM model is the bomb) and consider jumping to 48v (which will give you a 30% increase in both torque and speed) AND/OR getting a high speed motor. As with a SERIES Drive system, to make it FASTER, on top pf upgrading the drive systems delivery system (CONTROLLER, F&R, SOLENOID, CABLES) you will be required either increase the pack voltage, change the gearing, or replace the motor to make it go FASTER.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

From old post by others that you may find very interesting

As promised, here is an update of my cart progress after doing the PLUM QUICK motors. This took some time because one of the motors, the one I really wanted was damaged in shipping. Plum Quick was very generous and offered a 48V speed motor and to rework my 36V stock motor all for the price of one, so as to not lose use of cart while 36 was being reworked--unbelievable service.

Stock cart with 36V batteries and motor
approx. 13 mph or so

48V battery and solenoid upgrades and 4 gauge cables--stock motor
17-18 mph ---great off the line torque

Plum Quick 48V speed motor with stock 18" tires
20-21 MPH but an incredible LOSS in torque, a strong wind would slow this thing down. did not like at all!

Plum Quick 36V reworked motor (my old 2.97 hp stocker) with 18" tires
23-24 MPH on flats, 27+ on a slight downhill slope(this is Florida) and maintains 20-21 going up that same grade/slope. Torque is AWESOME, tire chirps when mashing the pedal from a stop.

The motors performed exactly as they said they would. Robby said I wouldn't be happy with the 48V speed motor and insisted on me sending my stock 36V for a rework, hence the deal for the 2 motors.
VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THOSE GUYS---
PLUM QUICK MOTORS and ROBBY STEEN
Old 07-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #6
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

directly from Plumquick

**36 volt carts with only the Bandit motor upgrade should get around a 20% increase in both overall torque and speed.

**48 volt carts with only the Bandit motor upgrade should get around a 25% increase in both overall torque and speed.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Guys for all the information. I like the idea of getting with scotty on this.
Can someone tell me the app on my phone to check the speed? My cart is not that far from my brothers club car. We start neck to neck then after about 40 sec. he will start to pull away just a little bit. now I do have a back seat on mine.
Im getting ready to paint my cart so the upgrade is on hold for the moment. and thats something I do know how to do. being raised in the family paint and body shop.
I just wanted to say that I dont type or know how to post pictures. but the next time my son comes home I will have him make me a format to follow. Hes in the Navy not far away up in S.C. next to paris island.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

as far as the "speed app" all you need is a regular GPS app that shows your speed. that's all you need.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO