lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing Sound Bar on 2021 Club Car Onward Li-In HP - Troubles...

Hey everyone! First post here and I'm excited to get involved in the community. This is my first cart (minus a repair and flip years ago) so I'm excited to be in the club.

About a month ago or so I purchased a 2021 Club Car Onward and it's been fantastic. I want some tunes on the cart while we ride around so I picked up a Wet Sounds Stealth 10 sound bar.

I have the sound bar physically installed and the wires run to the battery compartment. I've been reading off and on for a few weeks on how people hook these up and have found that most use either the wires under the front seat labeled 12v +/-, the accessory plug under the front passenger side, or a wire coming out from the passenger side just under where the roof rail connects to the cart.

The problem is, any time I connect the sound bar to the cart power, the cart shuts off and shows "FAULT" on the small screen. If I disconnect the sound bar, turn the cart off then on again, the fault goes away. One time I had to disconnect the computer under the seat to get the fault to go away but it always has come back.

While trying to figure this out, I've hooked up the sound bar to an extra truck battery that I had in the garage and it works just fine. Its simply not convenient to have a diesel truck battery sitting on the floor board of the cart. :)

My guess is that this sound bar is pulling too many amps (20A i believe) for the currently installed 12v converter.

So my questions are...

1) Is there a way to hook up this sound bar to the cart the way that it comes?
2) If not, what do I need to install to make it possible? (guessing a larger voltage reducer?)

P.S. I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested or if its helpful! :) Thanks in advance for the help and guidance!
flipture is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #2
Eddy bee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Installing Sound Bar on 2021 Club Car Onward Li-In HP - Troubles...

I have an ezgo s4 since I have extra room, like things simpler and don’t want to use the 48 volts I installed a separate 12 volt deep cell rev boat battery and ran Ecox power sports sound bar direct. Going to install some led and other stuff so everything can be totally isolated from main batteries. Worth the $69 for the battery an troubleshooting if it occurs
Eddy bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yeah adding a small gel or other type batt somewhere for radio would be easiest. You also wouldn't have to worry about radio cutting into your drive time
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know you have already bought the sound bar, but with so many great Bluetooth options and the ability to stream from your phone, why not go that route and not have to worry about cart battery health or adding? I know that you won't get the volume like a sound bar but that route just seems so much simpler for tunes (that is the route I went; maybe I am just getting old though )
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #5
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy bee View Post
I have an ezgo s4 since I have extra room, like things simpler and don’t want to use the 48 volts I installed a separate 12 volt deep cell rev boat battery and ran Ecox power sports sound bar direct. Going to install some led and other stuff so everything can be totally isolated from main batteries. Worth the $69 for the battery an troubleshooting if it occurs
Where did you install the extra battery? There isn't really any room under the seat to install a battery like that in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
Yeah adding a small gel or other type batt somewhere for radio would be easiest. You also wouldn't have to worry about radio cutting into your drive time
Yeah, I'm wondering if there is a solid/gel battery that is flat that I could mount under the seat to the wall that would fit. Know anything like that by chance?
Old 05-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I know you have already bought the sound bar, but with so many great Bluetooth options and the ability to stream from your phone, why not go that route and not have to worry about cart battery health or adding? I know that you won't get the volume like a sound bar but that route just seems so much simpler for tunes (that is the route I went; maybe I am just getting old though )
You know, I considered this and even put our Bose bluetooth speaker on the cart to try it out and it just wasn't loud enough with the sound quality that I'm looking for. Believe me, I did strongly consider it... :)
Old 05-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #7
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

If u ebay" gel battery" there are many different sizes and options. Im sure you can find a place to mount one. If you are mounting ur sound bar up top might ne able to make a box to hold battery up there too
Old 05-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #8
Eddy bee
Not Yet Wild

I have the lithium in the s4 so plenty extra room under seat to build a platform an added storage
Eddy bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:15 AM   #9
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Is lithium better than gel?
Old 05-14-2021, 06:16 AM   #10
Dinos39
Not Yet Wild

Also curious about this same question regarding sound bar installation
Dinos39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v, club car, li-in, onward, sound bar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car