lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
clpierce6
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller or motor upgrade?

I’ve got a 2012 YDREX2 with a stock drive system. Batteries were replaced a month ago. My neighborhood has some pretty steep hills. I can get about 15mph on flat ground. Drops to about 8-10mph on the hills.

I’m looking for the best way to improve the torque to maintain speed on the hills. Should I look into replacing the controller or motor if I was only going to replace one? Looking to keep the upgrade under $800.parts recommendations as well?
clpierce6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2021, 05:42 AM   #2
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Controller or motor upgrade?

I recently made the same decision for our cart used on our farm. While I was never really impressed with how the old motor did, its ultimate failure one day led me to get one from Don Plowman (site sponsor). The cart still has the OEM controller and it has no issues handling the terrain now. At some point I may get a different controller but for now, what I have is good enough.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Controller or motor upgrade?

The stock hitachi motor is trash. I ran across a deal a few years back and put in an Alltrax xct300. Major difference. Ran the hitachi until it failed. Replaced it with a D&D and reprogrammed the Alltrax. Fine ever since. In your case Don is a good go to for Yamaha so a motor replacement might be all you need for now.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha