lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
HoosierWrestler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 TXT 48 Drive Train Upgrade Suggestions

I recently was gifted a 2014 EZGO TXT 48, and have zero experience with carts. I will start by saying that I am a hobbyist by nature and am fairly handy, so no project intimidates me.

With that being said…I have already stripped the cart down to the frame so I have a blank canvas. I have already ordered 14” wheels with 23” all-terrain tires. Next up is the lift…currently leaning towards the 7” Rhox A-Arm kit (open to other recommendations though). The cart will be a multi use cart (street, campgrounds, mild hills, hunting). The cart has 6 brand new Trojan 875s and will have a rear seat. I would like to be in the 25-30 mph range but wouldn’t be disappointed with more.

Now onto my question…Motor and Conroller upgrades?!?!? I am assuming the stock motor couldn’t achieve my speed/torque wants.
HoosierWrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 TXT 48 Drive Train Upgrade Suggestions

I have a 2013 and hated my all terrain tires, they made it vibrate like crazy on the road, I switched to the atv 25" tires I have now and love it. as for a motor and computer see my signature
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
HoosierWrestler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
I have a 2013 and hated my all terrain tires, they made it vibrate like crazy on the road, I switched to the atv 25" tires I have now and love it. as for a motor and computer see my signature
Thanks For the tire feedback coldair. I’m thinking on upgrading to the
XCT48500- TXT48 and leaving the stock motor for now. But wondered if this would restrict me to certain motor upgrades down the road.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:26 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you go with the 500 just turn it down to 80% output until you change the motor out. Or leave it and it will motivate you upgrade it sooner
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #5
HoosierWrestler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If you go with the 500 just turn it down to 80% output until you change the motor out. Or leave it and it will motivate you upgrade it sooner
Thanks for the reminder KG. More than likely (cuz I know how I am) I’ll end up upgrading the motor at the same time. Just trying figure out which motor?!?!? Based on my current research It sounds like desired speed will be easy to reach so motor upgrade should focus on torque. Currently looking at the admirals.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:51 PM   #6
grstibor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the 2014 TXT which I just finished installing the Navitas 500 KW DC-AC conversion kit. It comes with the motor and controller. Lithium batteries, stock tires, no lift, HD solenoid, 2g wires and the top speed is just under 40mph. I'm not currently tracking any other motor that gets that kind of power.
grstibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:51 PM   #7
HoosierWrestler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grstibor View Post
I have the 2014 TXT which I just finished installing the Navitas 500 KW DC-AC conversion kit. It comes with the motor and controller. Lithium batteries, stock tires, no lift, HD solenoid, 2g wires and the top speed is just under 40mph. I'm not currently tracking any other motor that gets that kind of power.
Thanks for sharing. That sounds legit. I definitely don’t need that type of speed for my first cart. But I am enjoying the process of building this cart so it probably won’t be my last. I will keep the DC-AC conversion on my bucket list for future builds.

I ordered a XCT500TXT48, Solenoid, and 2g cables from ScottyB yesterday. Will try it on the stock motor and research additional motor options in the meantime. Body is at the paint shop, wheels/tires, lift kit, and dual action springs should all arrive this week. Shhhhhhh….don’t tell my wife…she doesn’t know yet.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #8
grstibor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My wife and I went golfing with another couple. I told him to fly by us on their way to the golf course. We showed up 5 min behind them as they sat there drinking Bloody Marys. The whole round he kept talking $h!t about our cart...later that night my wife was asking if I can do that to ours...annnnd here I am.
grstibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grstibor View Post
My wife and I went golfing with another couple. I told him to fly by us on their way to the golf course. We showed up 5 min behind them as they sat there drinking Bloody Marys. The whole round he kept talking $h!t about our cart...later that night my wife was asking if I can do that to ours...annnnd here I am.
Well played!!
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO