lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #1
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Default Freedom Package Wiring

Hello All!
So my 2000 ezgo 36v pds originally had a freedom package including lights and stuff. Apparently over the years many of the original accessories had been replaced leaving quite a few of the original wires disconnected. It appears the ones that are left are connected to two 6v batteries. Now I have added some accessories of my own going to a voltage reducer pulling from the whole pack but it's a cheap setup. Recently bought a much better Reliance reducer I want to replace it with and at the same time, get some of the old stuff off the two batteries and added to the reducer. I say "stuff" because I'm not sure what is all wired to the two batteries. Also going to replace the old fuse box with an updated one in the process. Basically, I want to clean up the whole cart before going any further with any upgrades.
I was hoping to find a wiring diagram for the freedom accessories so Id know what is going where including wire colors just to make the job a little easier but I have had no luck. Anyone know where I can find something like that? Also would 16 gauge wire be sufficient for pretty much everything needing to be rewired? Thanks
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Freedom Package Wiring

Original configuration pulled 12 volts from the back passenger and back center battery. Green wire connected to center pos and fed the fuse box on the inner fender driver’s side. Negative was connected to the negative pack side. Attached is the diagram
Attached Images
File Type: gif 12078CB2-5650-4D05-B33D-5C7A10447BCF.gif (49.8 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Freedom Package Wiring

Thank you so much kgsc! Big help!
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO