lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Help identify a cart

Im looking at a cart. Its a 2003 EZGO.

It has the flip down back seat, flip down windshield, has been "refurbished" by a local dealer to me supposedly within the last 6 months. All battereis replaced within last 6 months, has receipts for them and states over $800 in batteries. Cart has full roof.

Seller claims he is in a bad way needing to move this cart ASAP because he is moving and doesnt have room to transport it. It seemed like a good price at "asking $2250 OBO, but Im a Noobie and really dont know. So hows tghe price? and is this a decent Cart. Ive been under the impression that Clubs are the way to go with Yamaha in second and EZGO's ride horrible and dont last as long, harder on parts.

Also more importantly dont know if its a 36 or 48 volt cart and nor does the owner. How does one tell?

Thanks for any inofrmed educated responses in advance.

Scott
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Help identify a cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-A rider View Post
Im looking at a cart. Its a 2003 EZGO.

It has the flip down back seat, flip down windshield, has been "refurbished" by a local dealer to me supposedly within the last 6 months. All battereis replaced within last 6 months, has receipts for them and states over $800 in batteries. Cart has full roof.

Seller claims he is in a bad way needing to move this cart ASAP because he is moving and doesnt have room to transport it. It seemed like a good price at "asking $2250 OBO, but Im a Noobie and really dont know. So hows tghe price? and is this a decent Cart. Ive been under the impression that Clubs are the way to go with Yamaha in second and EZGO's ride horrible and dont last as long, harder on parts.

Also more importantly dont know if its a 36 or 48 volt cart and nor does the owner. How does one tell?

Thanks for any inofrmed educated responses in advance.

Scott
Should be a 36 volt cart. 6, 6volt batteries. if someone has change it to a 48 volt it may have 6, 8 volt batteries. if the batteries have 3 water fill caps they are 6v, 4 caps for the 8v.
Thats seems like a great price taking into account the rear seat, full top, and new batteries, if its lifted then it's a steal of a deal.
Theres nothing wrong with Ezgo carts, they happen to be the number one selling cart in the world. It wouldn't be like that if they were as you think.
Did you drive it? Thats the real test, if you like it. They are a quality cart as are the others you talked about, the aftermarket items generally cost less for the Ezgo but thats because they sell more of them than any other brand. They last just as long as the other carts, much of that has to do with how you take care of the cart.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help identify a cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
Theres nothing wrong with Ezgo carts, they happen to be the number one selling cart in the world. It wouldn't be like that if they were as you think.
Did you drive it? Thats the real test, if you like it. They are a quality cart as are the others you talked about, .
The impression I have given on EZGO's is purely from what I have been told by others. I have only ever ridden in two golf carts in my life both being Yamaha's so I dont know any better..this is why I asked. Trust me when I say the least of my intentions is to offend anyone with an EZGO. If anything I was asking for someone to prove what I had been told wrong. Thank you.

I did not drive the cart nor have I even seen it to be honest. I just spoke with the guy and saw an Ad he had for it that was just placed 2 days ago. The guy stated the cart looks brand new but is moving and doesnt have a way to transport it, doesnt use it nearly enough to justify taking it so getting rid of it will relieve some of his moving expenses. I thought it was a good deal but again, Im a Noobie and dont know.

More opinions are appretiated
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO