lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
dirtracer
Not Yet Wild

Default Question about 1983 2 cycle Gas Ezgo Golf Cart

I put a new battery and a new starter and all it will do is get one wire hot and start smoking. Any ideas what could be wrong???
dirtracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
loopygroup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Question about 1983 2 cycle Gas Ezgo Golf Cart

Check your ground connections make sure they are clean and tight
loopygroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
mx fred
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer View Post
I put a new battery and a new starter and all it will do is get one wire hot and start smoking. Any ideas what could be wrong???
I have the same problem. It's about the same year as well. I put in a new battery, new voltage regulator along with a new starter generator.
When I start it the negative wiring going to the battery will get warm.
The output side of the generator is only putting out 9 Volts when the back end is lifted off the ground and the engine is rev'ed.

I don't know if I bought a faulty starter/gen or if something is loading down the starter gen. Any idea's?
mx fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
loopygroup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx fred View Post
I have the same problem. It's about the same year as well. I put in a new battery, new voltage regulator along with a new starter generator.
When I start it the negative wiring going to the battery will get warm.
The output side of the generator is only putting out 9 Volts when the back end is lifted off the ground and the engine is rev'ed.

I don't know if I bought a faulty starter/gen or if something is loading down the starter gen. Any idea's?
When the back is lifted off of ground? get a multimeter and check your voltage at the battery with the engine running should be at least 12volt no load.
Also check for dead short in the electrical system.key and any switches off ,disconect the pos battery cable and connect a test light between the cable and the battery post. if it lights up you have a short to ground. start unhooking connections one at a time when the light goes out you have your source. A short can cause excess load on the generator/regulator and cause wires to heat up.
loopygroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO