lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default lifting a 1998 ez-go workhorse

ok i have read thru all the posts here about lift kits. too much lift info can make you confused as i am now. there are tons of info here and many say jake's is the best lift kit. if you did a lift on a workhorse with out cutting the mounts on the rear axle, what kit did you use.i watched the video from jakes useing the lift they sell and i like not cutting the factory mounts off the axel just incase you what to remove the lift or sell the cart to build another one and the buyer whats a stock cart. can you use the stock wheels when you do a 6 or 5 inch lift. what kit would be the best for my workhorse, lifted axle,spindle lift or long arm. it will be used on the farm and not in the woods. i have a 28 degree driven clutch kit on its way now. if i can't use the stock wheels i would run no bigger then 20 tires so i don't loose too much power up the hills on the farm.maybe just kit a kit with wheels and tires that are already mounted.sorry for long post but like i said, all the info i read made me confused. i do not like the shackle lift for the rear.thanks
98ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lifting a 1998 ez-go workhorse

29 views and no reply. I sure thought one of the site sponsers would jump all over this and try to sell me a wheel and tire lift combo. I like the jake 6 inch but found no kit to fit the 98 work horse, I have looked at all of their sites.
98ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
salinasgoodoleboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think you have to get wheels with a bigger offset when lifting...From what Ive seen most guys move up to a 10" wheel with a bigger offset on the inside so the sidewall of the tires dont rub. The cheapest and best idea I've come up with so far is to just find a set of quad wheels and tires and get adapters if needed with a couple inches of spacing.

I dont have a workhorse so I don't have answers for your lift questions, sorry.
salinasgoodoleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
salinasgoodoleboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

SORRY with LESS offset on the inside! You want more of a lip on the outside so it effectively puts the tire further from the cart.
salinasgoodoleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ezgo View Post
ok i have read thru all the posts here about lift kits. too much lift info can make you confused as i am now. there are tons of info here and many say jake's is the best lift kit. if you did a lift on a workhorse with out cutting the mounts on the rear axle, what kit did you use.i watched the video from jakes useing the lift they sell and i like not cutting the factory mounts off the axel just incase you what to remove the lift or sell the cart to build another one and the buyer whats a stock cart. can you use the stock wheels when you do a 6 or 5 inch lift. what kit would be the best for my workhorse, lifted axle,spindle lift or long arm. it will be used on the farm and not in the woods. i have a 28 degree driven clutch kit on its way now. if i can't use the stock wheels i would run no bigger then 20 tires so i don't loose too much power up the hills on the farm.maybe just kit a kit with wheels and tires that are already mounted.sorry for long post but like i said, all the info i read made me confused. i do not like the shackle lift for the rear.thanks
If you can cut, weld, and fab then you can build a good lift. Otherwise I'd suggest something like the Jakes. I had a 2001 TXT, pretty similar. I used the All Sports 6" kit, and it worked ok. I wasn't impressed with how the rear lift blocks went together. I've heard the Jakes kit is better?

You can go with 22" tires without any trouble, you'll just need a secondary clutch spring to help keep it in "low gear" longer. 22's will look better, give better ground clearance, and overall won't kill the low end. Anything bigger might cause a problem though.

Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts