lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Flinch
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart dies when lifting foot from accelerator

I am working on a Bad Boy cart for a friend. It is 4 wheel drive but the systems for front and rear drive are separate. The rear wheels work completely normally. If you turn the cart on and put it in forward it will run in 4 wheel drive until you lift your foot up off the accelerator at which point the front wheels no longer have power. As long as you are holding the accelerator down even slightly it will continue to run in 4 wheel drive. Lift off it goes to 2 WD. If you turn the key off and put it in neutral then back on and into forward it will go right back into 4 wheel drive. It is supposed to be in 4 WD all the time. Again the rear wheels will work fine even after the front wheels quit, but that only gives me 2 WD.
When my friend gave me the cart, the rear motor wasn't working and the front was like this. I replaced both solenoids and it fixed the rear motor but didn't change anything with the front cutting out. This is a 48 volt system.

Anyone have any ideas what to look for? Thanks in advance for any help.
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
Flinch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart dies when lifting foot from accelerator

81 views and nobody posts any ideas???? Any guesses?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'll play. I have read very little on here on bad boy carts so that might be your dilemma. This is a not often viewed section. You may try the section for sidexside,atv, 4x4 and put bad boy in title.

My guess would be the throttle input for the front is at fault. I guess you have a wiring diagram. Search how to test this.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
Flinch
Not Yet Wild

Thanks EPB any and all help is appreciated! Even though it is a BBB I thought it might sound like something that happens on golf carts and someone could answer it for me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts