lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
oldnordskorg
Not Yet Wild

Default Do I have a blown motor? Do I have any idea what I'm doing?

So, I picked up a super old Nordskorg Marketeer (unsure of age). It's a resistor cart with an "Advanced DC" motor in it and 6 healthy batteries. I'm an electrically minded guy, but never played with a cart before.

Anyhow - it clicks but does not run. The motor is getting power (36-37v steady on two of the contacts, one is negative, and one has no power unless under load). I've read about some motors having reset switches, but can't find any info on this one.

Any and all help is super appreciated!

I did push it without enabling any sort of "tow mode", but also didn't see anything about that on my cart.
oldnordskorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Do I have a blown motor? Do I have any idea what I'm doing?

Are you sure motor isnt seized. Remove it and check it out and clean it.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:25 AM   #3
oldnordskorg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestion; I verified the motor today by putting the cart up on a jack and applying 12v to it. It moved, but slowly.

Currently, with the 36v system hooked up, it starts to go, but isn't enough to fully move the cart.

Here's my question now: should I be reading 36v from the main + and - on the batteries when the pedal is depressed? Reads 37v idle, but dropped down to 18 or so with the pedal down and one battery started getting hot; I'm thinking I have two bad batteries on my hands. They test 6-7 without any load.

If it's not that, it must be one or more solenoid(s), right?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

36v is 50%. Dropping to 18 with pedal down and hot battery is bad batteries.
You should replace all if funds are available, if not put dvm on one at a time and press pedal while on jack stands and replace the bad ones.
I wouldnt say solenoid is bad yet.
If i remember 38.3-.7 is 100% so 37 is not good after charge and rest. I see a drop in volts when taking off like a 2 or 3, but after a ride and short rest v should recover to 37 or so.
Voltage readings alone on a at rest battery says little, apply the load and u will see 0,2 or 4v telling u its bad. Either all 3 cells, 2 or 1 is out of life.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would love to see a few pictures of what this little beast looks like!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
oldnordskorg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info everyone. Replaced 4 batteries and am currently waiting on my new charger to get here (replacing the old, non-controller'd charger) and will snap some picks when I get it installed this week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts