lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Need wire color help on 07 Ruff & Tuff

Hey all, trying to help one of my elderly neighbours get his 12 volt accessories working again. Figured it was the converter but found there was not constant 48 volts going to it. Here is what colors I have in the harness. There is a green which I think is 12 volts out. A solid blue which I think should be 48 volts constant. A white with a red stripe that is switched 48 volts with the key and a black which is the negative. On the converter it has a black which is says is negative. A yellow which it says is 48 volts in and 2 reds. The red it says is 12 volts out.. Go figure..

So Red goes to Green
Red goes to Blue
Yellow goes to White with a Red stripe
Black goes to Black

Here is the delima. I got my VOM and checked for continuity from the green which I think is supposed to be 12 volts out and the center wire on the cig lighter. That was a go. Then I looked at the wires on the head light switch. One is solid blue and the other is blue with a yellow stripe. I found a blue with a yellow stripe going to the tail lights but I did not check for continuity for that to the switch. However I did check the solid blue wire on the switch and it has continuity to the blue wire going to the wire I thought was feeding 48 volts to the 12 volt converter.. WT?? Is there a relay or something for the lights ? I haven't found one but I haven't torn the cart apart yet either..

Any help would be appreciated

Edit. Numbers on the converter are IPDC 1220 S4
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need wire color help on 07 Ruff & Tuff

Anyone?
Old 11-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well all, I finally figured this out. Talked with a person near me that works on Ruff and Tuff carts. Told him what I was trying to do and he said that those carts had a different converter in all most every one he saw. Just depended on what was cheapest when they were built.. Told him mine appeared like it had 2 wires coming out to supply 12 volts to 2 different circuits.. Wasn't shocked..

Anyhow, here are the colors..

Wiring harness side Converter side
Blue 12+ for headlights Heavy gauge red wire
Green 12+ for cig lighter and other Smaller gauge red wire
Black common neg for both 12 and 48 Black
White with a Red stripe 48+ switched input Yellow

Hope this helps someone..
Old 09-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
dave maltone
Not Yet Wild

kgsc, was wondering if I could talk to you about your rough and tough experience I have an 06 and have a couple of questions I would really appreciate if you could contact me I have a phone number its 805 710 2050 my name is Dave.
dave maltone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts