lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default 02 Club car clicks and buzzes but wont move

Cart was being driven yesterday and was reportedly having trouble starting off. Driver said it would lurch a few times then go "fine".

Cart finally quit at the bottom of a hill just when starting to go up the hill.

Press the pedal and the solenoid behind the seat clicks, but the motor does nothing.
Rocked the F/R switch back and forth a few times and the buzzer works when the switch is in R position. Still no go.
Have 52V on the battery pack, all connections to the batteries are clean and tight. Unhooked the battery negative for about 20 minutes hoping to reset the OBC. Hooked back up and still no dice. Have no change in battery voltage when the solenoid clicks.
Have 52V at terminal A1 on the motor. No change when the pedal is pushed. (solenoid clicks every time the pedal is pushed)
A2 shows about 3.5V with pedal up, about 40mV with the pedal pressed. That only shows for maybe 5 seconds then it goes back to 3.5V.
F1 shows 0v pedal up, about 50mv pedal down.
F2 shows 0V pedal up, about 3.5V pedal down.

I don't yet have a manual for this one, but have ordered one, so not sure if this is normal or not. Have one other 02 cart I can try to compare to but they use it pretty much all day long during the day, so I haven't been able to check that one yet.

Probably related, found that the left brake was very tight. Wheel was very difficult to turn when off the ground. Cable moves freely, but the adjuster between the shoes was way too tight for some reason. Pulled the drum off and the axle hub spins freely.

Kinda thinking the dragging brake must have caused something to burn up. Any ideas?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 02 Club car clicks and buzzes but wont move

Must have had a poor connection when testing earlier. Rechecked and I have 52v on terminal A2 and doesn't change when pedal moves.

Jumped the solenoid and made no difference.
Read about problems with the MCOR and checked connectors on that. All clean there. Checked resistance on the pins and had smooth change in both directions. Resistance seems within range.
Went ahead and grabbed the other 02 we have and swapped the MCORs between the two. Other cart drove just fine with this ones MCOR.

Thinking the controller bit it.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Just an update. Pulled the controller out and tested it in our other 02, worked fine.
Finally pulled the motor out (heavy SOB) and popped the end plate off. Brushes were toast and the comm was burned up pretty good. It's at the rebuild shop now to get new brushes, get the comm cut, and new bearing put on it. Should have it back mid-week and will update again when it's back in the cart and running.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #4
kcc865
Not Yet Wild

Did the brushes in the motor solve this issue?
kcc865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car