lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
Geyercr68
Not Yet Wild

Default Possible bad Resistors In VGlide

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought an Alltrax upgrade and got everything back together but the throttle is very jerky. After doing some reading I have done some troubleshooting and I believe I have some bad resistors within the VGlide.

I am trying to upload a video to show you exactly what I see. It says its sending a request to BGW so I will submit this post and if I need to I will try to upload the video again.

As for a description... What I am seeing is the VGlide resistance hangs at 1.63 and again at 3.05. Since I am a complete rookie at these electric golf carts I would like to get confirmation that it makes since to buy the resistor kit.

If the resistor kit is what I need can someone point me to a link to buy it? I would also like to go ahead and replace the micro switch to while I have it out. A link to that would be helpful too. I have found these Items else where but I am not sure if they are a sponsor, just want to make sure I am supporting the cause.

I also have a batter question too but not sure if I can ask it in the same thread or start a new one. Let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.
Geyercr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Possible bad Resistors In VGlide

The V glide isn't an infinitely variable potentiometer, but rather a series of step contacts. The resistance was provided by a row of coils (behind the batteries but ahead of the motor). Each step of the V glide sent power through a different length of the coils which transferred energy to heat instead of motion - controlling speed by wasting a bunch of your stored battery power. The controller changed that by only sending the motor the power you call for. I've never done an Alltrax with a V glide, so I can't speak to how smoothly it could negotiate each throttle step change, but if it is indeed "sticking" I would start looking at the brush and contact pads inside the V glide. Using site sponsor Revolution Golf Cars as an example they offer either the switch case: https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-case-assembly
Which probably doesn't include all the parts you might need.

The whole V glide: https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...r-36v-club-car
Which would have all of it, but still might have a jerky throttle because of only so many predetermined steps.

or an "upgrade" to a variable potentiometer set up: https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As meimk linked you too, the MCOR4 conversion is absolutely the best way to go if it is in your budget.

And please double check your Alltrax is set up for your V-glide throttle. If the throttle programming is off, it will do this too. You will see it from the Alltrax Tool Kit on the Throttle Page.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you put that money into it so far just go MCOR and be happy
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Geyercr68
Not Yet Wild

I don't have a problem going with the MCOR4 upgrade. What does it get me though? is just smother throttle response or are there other benefits like speed or torque?

How difficult is the installation? Asking because I would like to have it ready for camping by this weekend. I would have to think this is a few hour install right? Did a quick search and didn't find anyone with a thread outlining the procedures. Can anyone give me a link?

Looks like I use my existing pedal?

BTW, I did check my throttle setting and it is set for the 2wire 0-5k.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

MCOR 4 it.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geyercr68 View Post
I don't have a problem going with the MCOR4 upgrade. What does it get me though? is just smother throttle response or are there other benefits like speed or torque? Just efficiency and reliability - but is is well worth it and why Club Car went to them in '02

How difficult is the installation? It is very easy and can be done in an evening. Everything is there and instructions. And with Revolution you get David's expert experience and great customer service, so he is only a phone call away (until the 19th then he is on vacation for a week)

Looks like I use my existing pedal? Yes

BTW, I did check my throttle setting and it is set for the 2wire 0-5k.Great!
It is like points and condenser compared to an electronic ignition....
Old 07-16-2018, 06:58 AM   #8
Geyercr68
Not Yet Wild

It's ordered!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Follow back up with the post and let us know how it went.....
Old 07-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #10
Geyercr68
Not Yet Wild

Will do. I did get my SOC installed today. Please excuse the nasty dash. Still need to paint it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180716_201203.jpg (173.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car