lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax Absolute Throttle

Probably not, all the absolute throttle basically does is allow you to manually set the high and low throttle values.

Those values are automatically set by the Controller default "auto-calibration".

The low value is the value at the time the MCOR micro-switch closes.

The high value is the highest sensed value.

The issue is if the MCOR varies too much at the end, the controller will create a "zone" as wide as the variation to make sure you don't get affected by those fluctuations.

You will likely notice a wide range at the top where anything above 80% is treated as 100%.

Have you tried shimming the actual throttle body housing to prevent the MCOR shaft from torquing at WOT?

Look at the post below on how to shim and change the settings on your Alltrax so You can observe the throttle fluctuations better than using the monitor screen:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1443813
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

beachguysc It sure wouldn't hurt to try. Thirty minutes of your time and you would know for sure. Not maybe or probably. Just be sure to follow instructions.

Forgot to mention. One other problem this throttle solved was the surge of power you feel when going uphill and you let off the throttle.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #13
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Probably not, all the absolute throttle basically does is allow you to manually set the high and low throttle values.

Those values are automatically set by the Controller default "auto-calibration".

The low value is the value at the time the MCOR micro-switch closes.

The high value is the highest sensed value.

The issue is if the MCOR varies too much at the end, the controller will create a "zone" as wide as the variation to make sure you don't get affected by those fluctuations.

You will likely notice a wide range at the top where anything above 80% is treated as 100%.

Have you tried shimming the actual throttle body housing to prevent the MCOR shaft from torquing at WOT?

Look at the post below on how to shim and change the settings on your Alltrax so You can observe the throttle fluctuations better than using the monitor screen:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1443813
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
beachguysc It sure wouldn't hurt to try. Thirty minutes of your time and you would know for sure. Not maybe or probably. Just be sure to follow instructions.

Forgot to mention. One other problem this throttle solved was the surge of power you feel when going uphill and you let off the throttle.
Thanks Sergio. I will try the throttle body like you suggested. I was actually trying at the top of the pedal, which didn’t work so well.

And I will experiment with your ideas, as well, Walter.

I want to find try that setting that makes 100% throttle at the 80% level. Right now, my 100% throttle is a very narrow range that is just a few centimeters from the pedal hitting the floor .

I’m taking my motor off this weekend and sending to EMP for an upgrade. So I will have plenty of time to play around with lots of minor issues I’ve been procrastinating with.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That is exactly what my throttle linearization chart looked like before the change. Now it is perfectly linear from 0 to 100%
Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That is exactly what my throttle linearization chart looked like before the change. Now it is perfectly linear from 0 to 100%
If the throttle signal was fluctuating due to the mechanical slack in the body, The absolute throttle calibration could not fix it, all it could do is hide the issue if you selected a new limit on the lower value of the range.

The same result can be accomplished by just widening the dead-band on the throttle linearization or flattening the speed/torque curves at the end.

I was talking about trying to fix the mechanical issue to get the steady throttle back at WOT.

I think that "Throttle Linearization" trick really lets You see the fluctuation of the throttle signal, the Alltrax monitor screen is just not real good for that purpose.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #16
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

As a follow up this is what Alltrax is saying about the Absolute Throttle in the latest V3.8 software update.

ABSOLUTE Mode – All Models
Absolute Throttle allows you to manually set the minimum and maximum for your throttle, rather
than relying on the controllers auto calibration feature. To use absolute throttle, you must first select
it and hit the ‘set’ button on the left. After the controller is done setting you will have a new tab at the
top of the screen:
After selecting the ‘Absolute Throttle’ tab you’ll be given the program will give you instructions on
how to set up your new custom throttle. As shown on the next page:
Old 12-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Where's the next page.....?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is what we refer to as an excerpt.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
That is what we refer to as an excerpt.
Whose an expert???

NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #20
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Does the custom throttle bypass the signal from a Club Car's microswitch? In other words, does it engage the solenoid as soon as throttle% > 0? Or does the microswitch still control that?
sonofagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car