lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries---- mind blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
That is a pretty big drop for only two days. What accessories do you have on the cart? Lights? camera? action? Voltage reducer? How are they wired/ connected to the pack?

:
From above
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #22
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Little question on the Trojan charge voltage chart ThreeCW posted;

How long can the charger stay in the finish and equalization state of charge (64. before switching to the float charge (54) on a gen III DPI charger?

Too long[emoji52]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #23
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Little question on the Trojan charge voltage chart ThreeCW posted; How long can the charger stay in the finish and equalization state of charge (64. before switching to the float charge (54) on a gen III DPI charger?
NCPW,

I have attached some example US Battery Charge Profiles which show some charging times for different charge profiles. The "Finish Charge" typically takes your battery from 90% to the 100% State of Charge ... and depending on how many stages your charger has, that could take 15 to 30% of your total charge time. When you hear your batteries "rapidly bubbling", then you are likely on the finish charge.

Equalization is not done (and should not be done) with every charge cycle. That is something done every 30 charge cycles ... or so, depending on your charger and that is only if your charger is equipped with an Equalization cycle.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Thanks ThreeCW; I already have those charts from when I was running my US Battery 8v red tops. I was asking more specifically for Trojan batteries since I never used the DPI gen 3 with Trojan T-875s and didn't have any first hand experience to go on.

I know the charger will get the T-875s close to 64 volts, but wondered how long it would keep them there before dropping (if ever) back down to a float voltage just above 100% SoC.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #25
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
I know the charger will get the T-875s close to 64 volts, but wondered how long it would keep them there before dropping (if ever) back down to a float voltage just above 100% SoC.
Trojan does not seem to publish as much detail on charge profiles as US Battery does. Based on my experience with my 6V Trojan T-125's and Lester Summit Series 48V/1050W battery charger, on a typical 4 hour charge cycle (I normally charge with only 15 - 20% discharged), my finish charge usually lasts about 1 hour.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car