lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 03 DS Battery Warning Light Question

I fully charged my cart last Saturday and then unplugged the charger. Today I checked the voltage, it was sitting at 51.7 volts, and then plugged the charger in to "top them off". We have some really cold weather coming up and since the cart is outside, I like to charge it once every 2 weeks, but today I jumped the gun.

When I plugged the charger in, I noticed the yellow battery warning light on the dash illuminate. It shut off and then my charger kicked on. I start at 15 amps, and then ramped down to 5.

Any idea why the light came on?
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 03 DS Battery Warning Light Question

It should really only come on if the charger was interrupted or less then 90% (or timed out). Some bring in a flashing lught, some a solid light, but no reason I can think of for just plugging it in when it was not in a charge cycle.

If you see it again, reset the OBC.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC goes to sleep if the cart is not driven and not connected to a charger after about 3 days.

That is probably to indicate the OBC was waking up.

If you have a PowerDrive3 and a newer OBC version (3.0+), that would be an indication the voltage suppression on the charger relay board has failed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #4
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The OBC goes to sleep if the cart is not driven and not connected to a charger after about 3 days.

That is probably to indicate the OBC was waking up.

If you have a PowerDrive3 and a newer OBC version (3.0+), that would be an indication the voltage suppression on the charger relay board has failed.

That sounds like a logical explanation. I have a power drive 2 charger. I’m not sure what type of OBC I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car