lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
DCSSBoyd
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS resistor cart solenoid question

I have a 36 volt DS with the resistors. It burned up the first solenoid. I replaced it and the input wire from F/R switch. Running great. I charged the batteries & now the cart is bucking like a wild bull. I know that ideally you replace all solenoids together, but this cart is on a budget. Any ideas on what is causing the stop to full throttle acceleration? I'm thinking maybe we dropped another solenoid but I haven't had time to go check it out. Or maybe swap the first & last solenoids? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk
DCSSBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS resistor cart solenoid question

The 1st is usually the Master solenoid and then you have one for each incremental step thereafter. The last is WOT.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like the master is cutting in and out hench bucking.Did you buy a good quality solenoid?Might want to double check everything that was fired.Could have a bad limit switch also
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
DCSSBoyd
Not Yet Wild

This cart had so much wrong with it, I am surprised that it ever ran. It was brought to me because the gas & brake pedals had been pushed out of their brackets underneath the cart. There were 2 solenoids that weren't fully engaging, 4 of the speed box wires were corroded on solenoids and intermittently losing continuity. There was a bad micro switch on speed box. The key switch was cut and spliced back together with nothing but electric tape. It fell out in mid trouble shooting, causing a long delay. The real kicker was that the f/r switch was wired to the wrong side of the solenoids. I didn't see that at first because I wasn't expecting anything that obviously wrong on a running cart. Lesson learned on assuming a running cart equals a properly maintained cart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
DCSSBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

All good now?

I have seen worse.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I wouldn't discount the motor brushes and / or brush springs. If those brushes / springs are only making intermittent good contact then a cart will buck.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Rule #1, always assume the seller is lying through their teeth when buying used up stuff. This is why I will intentionally but non-running stuff. At least I know what I'm getting... something used up and blown up. Much rather build it myself so I know it's done right than expect it to be working, and then spend a bunch of time to find it's actually a pos that someone cobbled together just enough to make it run and drive for a quick buck.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car