lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltax xct 500 amp help?

I need some help I am trying to install a alltrax xct 500 amp controller. Can some one tell me how it should be wired up . I was told to eliminate the 1st solenoid with the resistor spring ? I just need to know what wires go where
jesse_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltax xct 500 amp help?

I forgot to mention it's going on a 2001 club car ds 48 volt . It has 2 solenoids and the vglide
Old 03-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

So, your cart is a Regen 2 - hopefully you purchased the correct Alltrax model (PD Plus) and not one meant for IQ carts. If so - this wiring diagram should work

http://energyev.com/wp-content/uploa...S-wire-dia.pdf
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #4
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

The model # is xct 48500 - PD+
Old 03-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

Does eliminating the 1st solenoid make since? When installing the alltrax
Old 03-20-2019, 03:21 PM   #6
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

With the exception of 2 wires from the solenoid with the resistor everything looks wired correctly according to the wiring diagram. Although I can be mistaken. The 2 wires a orange/white and a brown wire that came off of the small terminals of the solenoid with the resistor. I currently have those 2 wires taped up and just hanging.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes - eliminate the coil/solenoid (and the wires attached to it). The Alltrax controller replaces that "dynamic" brake system (old fashioned) with a programmable Regen circuit that is all contained within the controller.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Alltrax XCT comes with a booklet with the wiring diagrams in it. Follow that diagram exactly except for the F1 and F2 terminals of the controller. You're gonna need to swap them. Otherwise Reverse will be Forward, and Forward will be Reverse. And yes, you'll need to eliminate the Dynamic Braking solenoid. Remove it entirely. Cut the ends of the two small wires and tape them up. They will not be used.

NOTE: I just looked at an Alltrax manual I had laying here that came with the latest XCT that I installed and the PDPlus Regen 2 diagram is not in it. In this case, refer to page 18 to the IQ/Precedent wiring diagram. It's going to be the same.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #9
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much guys I will tackle it tomorrow and I will let you know if I get it figured out
Old 03-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

I am still dead in the water with this cart i am working on and i would appreciate any help. i will start from the beginning so you get an idea of whats going on.
So i have installed a brand new motor from D&D and a brand new xct 500 pdplus controller model #48500 also a new 48 volt solenoid rated up to 650 amps with a sw180 Diode and i upgraded the battery cables to 4 gauge the batteries are 4 12 volt deep cycle truck batteries . the problem is that i cannot get any power to the controller no lights come on . i have tested the batteries with a vom and have 48. 2 volts across the pack. i have tested the solenoid and i have power to the large terminal that the main battery positive is hooked to but thats where the power stops ? .
i have nothing at the small terminals and nothing on the B+side that goes to the controller . i have power at the key switch i have 48 volts at the ignition and the switch turns on and off . i have tested the run / tow switch and it appears to be working as well when i flip the switch i can see the battery meter in the dash goes on and off so i think its working . i have tested the f&r switch and i have no power to any of the wires at the switch . now there is a red/white wire that goes on the solenoid large terminal on the main positive from the battery and i think it runs up to the f&r switch but i do not have any power there ?. i do have a Diode on the solenoid a sw180 and the small band is facing the main + from the battery . the solenoid has 4 small terminals / the top 2 terminals have 2 wires a blue and a blu/wht . the blue is on the main + side and the blu/white is on the side of B+ wire. no power to any of the small terminals now the lower has a smaller Diode installed on those terminals with the silver band facing main + from the batteries. so thats what is going on and i am really lost and need some help

Tags
alltrax xct 500 amp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car