lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 club car ds

Have a rebuilt 1205-410 motor controller. Same issue as before I had it refurbished. Solenoid clicks but motor doesn't rotate. Good pack voltage to the controller. The problem according to the troubleshooting guide is that I have less than 1 to 5 volts voltage drop across b+ and b- on the controller compared to full pack voltage. Pack voltage 50.22. Between b+ and b- 49.97. The 250 ohm resistor has 241 ohms resistance. Dont know if that is acceptable. Contactor is working properly. Zero voltage drop when energized. .242 CDC when open. With resistor installed. Any help with this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ronwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car ds

How is your FNR switch? Might want to take it apart and look at the contacts.

I bought my DS (2001) and it was doing the exact same thing... with brand new mcor4, HD fnr switch, motor, pretty much everything was replaced except the old alltrax controller and OEM solenoid. I put a new alltrax and a new HD solenoid in it and it's been great ever since. Not saying yours would be the same, but that's what worked for me. I dont know which part fixed it, but jts fixed :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:50 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The resistance is correct at ~241 ohms.

Have you tested the throttle signal to the controller? Your solenoid can click/close to pass current, but you need a signal from the MSP to tell the controller to supply output to the Motor. Try this as a starting point. Take the yellow wire off pin #3 on your controller and with the cart jacked up, in forward, and key on, check the voltage from pedal up to pedal down and it should go from 0vdc to 5vdc gradually changing. You should have 48v Pos on pin #1 at the Controller when you press the pedal.
For Ohms, probe between the Yellow and White wires. You' are looking for a range of 5000 ohms to 0 ohms.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:40 AM   #4
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

I have proper signal from the v glide and to the ksi to the controller. Think the controller is bad but want to make sure. Everything checks out.ive even rotated the motor with 16 volts from two batteries. The controller is a 1204-410. Noticed I fat fingered it in the original post.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:06 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If all the input signals are there and there is no output the issue is the Controller.

You can do another quick test on the high current circuit to make sure everything is making good connection.

Put the cart in forward, disconnect the B+ and M- cables from the Controller and measure the resistance/continuity between those cables.

You should get continuity or less than 0.1Ω resistance on that loop through the FNR and Motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

I had .3 ohms in both forward and reverse.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
ronwguy
Not Yet Wild

Would the .30 resistance cause it not to run at all?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:13 AM   #8
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Thanks for the info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car