lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #11
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New 2020 Onward Question

I had the dealer today put the pedal off braking and regan options to their lowest setting and the cart is 100% better. Drives like a normal cart now. I will GPS the cart and see what speed I am actually getting and report back.

I do not think I want to modify the motor or controller while it is under warranty.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #12
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

So I had the cart adjusted now when I let off the accelerator pedal it no longer automatically brakes which is perfect.

However the new issue is that now going down a hill(for example over a bridge on the golf course) I tap the brake to slightly slow down and then let off the brake and the cart automatically slams on the brakes to a halt. Much too harsh. What else needs to be adjusted to solve this??

Thank you
Old 11-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #13
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
So I had the cart adjusted now when I let off the accelerator pedal it no longer automatically brakes which is perfect.

However the new issue is that now going down a hill(for example over a bridge on the golf course) I tap the brake to slightly slow down and then let off the brake and the cart automatically slams on the brakes to a halt. Much too harsh. What else needs to be adjusted to solve this??

Thank you
I'm interested to know if you've improved this situation with your Onward. Also, if you've discovered how to get a bit more speed out of it. I understand that an Alltrax XTC400 and / or a motor are probably going to be needed to get any improvement beyond 20mph.

I'm considering a new cart to replace the EZGO TXT I bought new almost 20 years ago (has 48v, motor, controller etc.. I put in years ago, so it tops out at 27), and don't want to take a hit on speed since we sometimes cover fair distances.

I'd like to know exactly what kind of speed one can get from a stock 2019 or 2020 Onward, with 22" tires:

1) By only replacing the stock controller and adding an XTC400 controller?

2) By only replacing the motor (which one to get?)?

3) By doing both 1 and 2 above?

I'm probably only considering a lifted Onward, as it appears that the non-lifted would be pretty restricted as far as tire size - not sure 20.5" would fit without rubbing...?

The RXV seems much easier to get some speed out of, not requiring a new controller (but needs to be custom programmed) or a new motor, and can use 20.5" tires at least w/out being lifted, as far as I've learned.

I like the Onward's appearance though, and some other aspects as well, so any info on speed improvements would be welcome!

Also any speed improvements possible with the LiOn model, and what that involves...
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:25 PM   #14
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
I'm interested to know if you've improved this situation with your Onward. Also, if you've discovered how to get a bit more speed out of it. I understand that an Alltrax XTC400 and / or a motor are probably going to be needed to get any improvement beyond 20mph.

I'm considering a new cart to replace the EZGO TXT I bought new almost 20 years ago (has 48v, motor, controller etc.. I put in years ago, so it tops out at 27), and don't want to take a hit on speed since we sometimes cover fair distances.

I'd like to know exactly what kind of speed one can get from a stock 2019 or 2020 Onward, with 22" tires:

1) By only replacing the stock controller and adding an XTC400 controller?

2) By only replacing the motor (which one to get?)?

3) By doing both 1 and 2 above?

I'm probably only considering a lifted Onward, as it appears that the non-lifted would be pretty restricted as far as tire size - not sure 20.5" would fit without rubbing...?

The RXV seems much easier to get some speed out of, not requiring a new controller (but needs to be custom programmed) or a new motor, and can use 20.5" tires at least w/out being lifted, as far as I've learned.

I like the Onward's appearance though, and some other aspects as well, so any info on speed improvements would be welcome!

Also any speed improvements possible with the LiOn model, and what that involves...
I am not currently going to replace the motor or controller as the cart is new and under factory warranty so I haven't looked at the upgrades required. I compared ezgo and club car and went with the Onward.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:

Thank you
It sounds like the cart is reaching an over-speed condition which will trigger the run-away braking to go full on to slow itself down. The Regen braking need to be adjusted to limit downhill speed. If you're in a hilly area, this makes a huge difference IMO.

Around here we have tons of hills and our newer carts with the heavy regen and pedal-up braking are 10X easier to drive once you learn how to use the GO pedal as a brake. We barely use the brake pedal at all except for on Very steep hills, or when parking.

Turn the Pedal up and Regen braking back on. Toss everything you know about "normal carts" out the window, and learn how to drive AND brake with the Go pedal. It makes a world of difference.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #16
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
I am not currently going to replace the motor or controller as the cart is new and under factory warranty so I haven't looked at the upgrades required. I compared ezgo and club car and went with the Onward.
Don't blame you on that. I just don't think I can be happy with 20mph max, as we travel some longer distances sometimes. I'm used to 27 or so, so I'd like to be close to that with whichever newer cart I may go with.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:59 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just FYI, Club Car offers several different warranty policies on their carts. By modifying the components affected by one warranty policy, you do not void the others. For instance, by replacing a motor, you void the motor warranty only. But the motor you install will have a warranty of it's own if it's purchased by a reputable seller. The same can be said about the controller. There's no reason not to build a new car how you want to build it. You'll still be covered under warranty on these components. It just won't be through your local Club Car dealer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #18
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt909 View Post
I have the lithium version of this cart and there’s a few different regen options that the dealer can program. Mine is perfect as it only applies heavy regen when going down a steep hill. On flat ground it has slight regen and going up hills it has none at all and will coast. I would assume the 48 volt has the same adjustability?
Curious about your overall impression of your lithium Onward and its AC drive system.

I'm going to venture a guess that Club Car may go to the AC drive portion of the Onward Lithium on their lead acid carts - maybe next year?

That's one thing bothering me about going with the lead acid Onward now - that they'll debut a new AC drive system very soon - that will likely be on both battery type versions of the cart.

I don't know if you have experience with the lead acid powered Onward, but any comparisons or just general observations or any issues you've had would be great to know about.

I assume you're getting the standard (it seems) 20mph out of it?

I've seen mention here or there that Navitas will be releasing a controller for the lithium Onward, so that's interesting news for those who may want to go faster than 20mph.

I also think the Navitas folks may know that Club Car is probably going with that AC drive system - or a variant - in the lead acid carts as well, because I don't think it would be worth their while to build a controller that only works on the Club Car lithium models (of which I think there are very few, and will take a while to get out into the wild I'm guessing).

Thanks for any details on your cart and its battery and AC drive system!
Old 11-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #19
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Curious about your overall impression of your lithium Onward and its AC drive system.

I'm going to venture a guess that Club Car may go to the AC drive portion of the Onward Lithium on their lead acid carts - maybe next year?

That's one thing bothering me about going with the lead acid Onward now - that they'll debut a new AC drive system very soon - that will likely be on both battery type versions of the cart.

I don't know if you have experience with the lead acid powered Onward, but any comparisons or just general observations or any issues you've had would be great to know about.

I assume you're getting the standard (it seems) 20mph out of it?

I've seen mention here or there that Navitas will be releasing a controller for the lithium Onward, so that's interesting news for those who may want to go faster than 20mph.

I also think the Navitas folks may know that Club Car is probably going with that AC drive system - or a variant - in the lead acid carts as well, because I don't think it would be worth their while to build a controller that only works on the Club Car lithium models (of which I think there are very few, and will take a while to get out into the wild I'm guessing).

Thanks for any details on your cart and its battery and AC drive system!

Maybe I don't need any more speed... I Just now noticed there's a separate sub forum for Lithium... I'll move over there for this type of info.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #20
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Don't blame you on that. I just don't think I can be happy with 20mph max, as we travel some longer distances sometimes. I'm used to 27 or so, so I'd like to be close to that with whichever newer cart I may go with.
At 27 mph do you add disk brakes?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car