lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

Default Re: will 36v cc motor take a 48v "shot" occasionally

I can't speak to a CC motor, but i've had two ezgo motors running 108volts for a few years now. Both stock motors have run no problem, it was when i tried to get a higher rpm motor that the problems insued thumbu p:
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Now that's just plain silly..
..a
If your saying they can't handle 72 volts you are mistaken. We've ran stockers up to 108 volts without issue. (other than a stripped input shaft) Matter of fact the only one that blew was an aftermarket motor. I'm not saying it won't blow. High voltage really isn't for those with empty pockets because eventually you WILL melt things.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #13
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's cool - I posted in jest..
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
jsalpine
Not Yet Wild

It won't hurt it at all iI have had a button on mine for a little boost for years
jsalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
If your saying they can't handle 72 volts you are mistaken. We've ran stockers up to 108 volts without issue. (other than a stripped input shaft) Matter of fact the only one that blew was an aftermarket motor. I'm not saying it won't blow. High voltage really isn't for those with empty pockets because eventually you WILL melt things.
You had to bring up the stipped out input and outut shafts huh! Like Roady said, if you add extra voltage, expect to pay extra money to fix things. I'm saving my pennies to get the disk brakes so i can stop my cart quicker. As it is now, if i want to stop when i'm at top speed, i have to hit the brakes about 200ft in advance!!!!! That's with new pads

Roady will tell you, i've overshot more than a few times...it tough on your paint job!
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts