lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
AirBorneArt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Star golf cart

Well the motor still gets real hot, I noticed one of the wire connetions was a little loose. I carefully tightened it and noticed it seems to spin, it will tighten but not all the way. Can this be replaced or am I looking at having to buy a new motor?
AirBorneArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Star golf cart

We've never worked on a Star car, but I'm sure the motor is similar to other brands. Those lugs are connected to your brush contacts. They are not meant to "turn" or "spin". I don't think you need a new motor - but you will probably need to take it somewhere to check your motor / lugs...

Wasn't there a bottom nut close to the motor, then the wire lug and finally the top nut?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

So You hold the bottom steady and tighten the top
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
So You hold the bottom steady and tighten the top
Ooops That's what I meant

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

I knew, but everyone is not as smart (A55) as I
Old 09-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
AirBorneArt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Fellas, The whole post turns, I tightened the bottom bolt but it still moves a bit side to side. Would this cause the motor to get smoking hot? I have put it in tow mode and come back an hour later and it is still smoking hot. I had to diconnect the Pos and Neg terminals that go to the controller to cool it down. Can the motor be taken apart and that post be replaced? There is a metal cover on one side that looks to be removable can the post be accessed from there, or do I need to remove the whole motor?

Thanks for being patient I am a newbe to the golf cart mechanics, but i am mechanically inclined. Just trying to get informed before I start turning wrenches an tearing things up.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Yes you can replace brushes so I would assume if you find a broken stud wire when you open it up ?
And you are a good solderer or can repair the old end then YES ?
I would take it to a motor rebuild (alternator shop) have them check it and get estimate !
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
AirBorneArt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Gary
This **** Star has been more problems, Thought I got a good deal at $2500, but needed batteries $660, head light bulbs, only can by at a Star dealer, a nasty shimie in the back, took the tires and drums off only to find the axle jumps in one spot, maybe a casting issue, countless hours of Fiddle Farting around with it Mirrors, seat squeeks. The only thing I like about it is the AHROOOga horn I installed, it scares the $hit even out of the dogs that cross in front of it. Should have bought another CC

Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts