lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Aussie
Not Yet Wild

Default EMC buggies cutting out.

Gday all, i have asked this on another forum a year or 2 ago and nobody knew anything, but thought there was no harm in asking the question.

Same as this.

Does anyone know anything about EMC buggies?
We have 2 of them, and they are both being a bit temperamental. One is new, and with a full charge it will run for less than a second, then cut out, and continue doing this to me. Once the batteries get down a bit it will run fine all day. WTF?

The other second hand one is doing the same try to run then cut out thing regardless of battery charge.

I know its a loooooong shot, but thought id try anyway.

Cheers.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: EMC buggies cutting out.

I believe these carts use a Curtis controller.
To reprogram you will need the Curtis OEM program, a computer and connectors.
The program can be had here: http://www.healthcare.ottobock.de/ob...ng_Station.zip

You have obviously checked all the battery and controller connections to make sure they are clean and tight.

The possibilities with the cart that won't run with a full charge is that it may be hitting the high voltage limit and needs to be increased. It is parameter #43 called "overvoltage" and needs to be set at 62v or higher.
OR
The speed sensor is loose or bad.

The cart that tries to run and cuts out is likely the speed sensor or the controller.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Aussie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EMC buggies cutting out.

Thanks a lot for that doug. I didnt know any sort of buggy had self diagnostics and variable settings, and was concerned these would be running no name mystery electronics.

Had a quick look with a torch before and cant see the brand on the controller, but the reversing contactor is Curtis, so it looks like youre right.

Now just need to track down some connectors.

Thanks again, very much appreciated!
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cut out, emc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts