lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Radius
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacement rear shocks for 1973 Taylor-Dunn GT 361?

After painting, I am in the process of reconnecting chassis and body.

Though I have the manual for my beast, I am unable to find information on what I need so far as replacement shocks on the back end; what are the specs, stats, etc.?

Any particulars and/or things to consider when replacing?

Appreciate any guidance/help.

Thanks much,

Ray~
Radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Radius
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Replacement rear shocks for 1973 Taylor-Dunn GT 361?

Upon further inspection, I have determined there is some information on one shock, not so much on the other.

Both are heavily corroded/rusted, one to the point of being un-readable save for "CAN" and a "60". The other, after sanding, and ultimately scanning, and playing with the levels & contrast in Photoshop, provided the following:

86 602 00
Gabriel of Canada
=Made in Canada=
T4DC

After some searching, I am not finding a viable way to locate what may be a replacement in a typical auto parts store, if such a thing is possible.

Is there such a thing, or do I need get these from an online house/mail order place?

Thanks again,

Ray~
Old 07-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Ohio Oil
Not Yet Wild

I've had no problems getting just about any part I want right off of Taylor Dunn's website.
Ohio Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Radius
Not Yet Wild

Ohio,

Thanks again for the response.

I was asking if there was a local/retail option, rather than an online purchase, for which I have found several places (Taylor-Dunn being the most expensive).

I would like to know as many of the options as possible prior to making a purchase, and time may be a constraint, depending on circumstances with money.

Thanks again.

Ray~
Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

if you look in the other Threads there is a sticky with .pdf floating around for Monroe shocks. if you follow the instructions on measuring you can find a shock or group of shocks to fit your need, and then look them up online for availability. I did that when i thought I had to replace the ones on my cart. I went to the local parts stores websites and found who had them in stock. If you want to buy local that's the way to go. However, I did find that Amazon had some really good prices on shocks and some had free shipping. Just something to consider in your search.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Arin

Last edited by BumbleBee; 07-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: spelling, I can't do it good
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
Radius
Not Yet Wild

Arin,

Thanks for that information- exactly what I need!

Ray~

Tags
gt.361, taylor-dunn
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts