lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
holotc
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How do I read my Battery Meter

I just installed a 48 volt battery meter in my 2007 Yahama G22.
The instructions told how to install, but not how to read the meter.

I've been told to charge my cart when the batteries are down 50%.

How do I read this meter to tell when to recharge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Meter.jpg (57.3 KB, 0 views)
holotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I read my Battery Meter

Watch the needle with the cart under load. Like when accelerating hard uphill. When the needle touches the red it is usually time to recharge.....so you read this meter while driving not sitting still.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Watch the needle with the cart under load. Like when accelerating hard uphill. When the needle touches the red it is usually time to recharge.....so you read this meter while driving not sitting still.
Hmmm, thanks for the info. Mine has never hit the red since I installed the meter. It dips into the green on hard acceleration and on hills, but hasn't even moved down into the green yet(at a stand still). I just charge it up every time I get back to the garage. It always seems to stay somewhere in the white, even after driving it about fifteen miles or so. Do you think I should let it go down into the red once in a while, before charging? It does seem to hit the green more now, since I installed 22" knobbies on the back. Makes a hellacious amount of tire noise too. I think that the larger tires also make the needle drop down into the green because of the required torque of moving those big tires. Sure seems faster though.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Shallower discharges are easier on the pack. IT can recover more times from a shallow discharge than deeper ones. Ideally you test the pack with a meter before recharging so you know where you really are drawing the pack down to voltage wise or you just get a digital read out meter and be done with it.

Wet cell batteries have no memory. There is no advantage to deep discharge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
DonBenigno
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The problem about those meters is its a true needle movement meters bouncing all the time. You can read surface charge for instance thinking when you first start up the cart it seems full, but once driving you may be only at half capacity.
DonBenigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts