lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: power loss to motor

If voltage is dropping out during these episodes, I take back checking the pot as a culprit.

You've got a bad connection somewhere or possibly a bad battery. Have you checked load on each battery yet?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #22
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
You could try jumping from battery B+ to solenoid positive to keep the solenoid pulled in all the time. That would let you know if there is a bad power connection from the battery through the key sw and foot switch. As always observe all safety precautions as it may take off on you. Wait before you do that verify that you have HPD by applying the throttle and then turn the key on. If it doesn't move you got HPD.
HPD ?

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #23
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
HPD ?
High Pedal Disable Feature - High pedal disable prevents undesired acceleration if the direction selector lever is changed, or the key is turned on while the accelerator is depressed.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #24
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Here is some more on HPD ... not sure if this will help with your troubleshooting or not.

High-pedal-disable (HPD)
The HPD feature prevents controller output if the controller is turned on while the throttle is not in neutral. The controller can be programmed to have HPD based either on brake/seat switch input or on KSI.

Brake-type HPD
To start a vehicle with brake-type HPD, the controller must receive a brake/seat switch input before receiving a throttle input. Controller operation will be disabled immediately if pedal demand (throttle input) is greater than 25% duty factor at the time the brake/seat switch is closed. Normal controller operation is regained by reducing the throttle demand to less than 25%.

Sequencing delay, which can be set with the handheld programmer, provides a variable delay before disabling the controller. If the brake/seat switch is opened while the throttle is above the HPD threshold (25%), HPD is not activated if the brake/seat switch is then closed before the delay time elapses.

KSI-type HPD
The HPD feature can be activated by KSI input instead of brake/seat switch input, if preferred. To start a vehicle with this type of HPD, the controller must receive a KSI input before receiving a throttle input.

KSI
KSI (Key Switch Input) provides power to the controller’s logic board, and initializes and starts diagnostics. In combination with the brake input, KSI enables all logic functions.
Some vehicles may have no keyswitch (KSI simply tied to B+) or may have the key permanently turned on.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #25
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I Googled your controller and it said that it had HPD except with a star car. So I wasn't sure if you had it or not. My theory was that losing power was the equivalent of turning the key off and back on, and with the throttle still depressed it would give you a HPD error.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:03 PM   #26
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Swan,

Do you have a seat switch on your cart?

Just a hunch, but if your seat switch is malfunctioning, going over the speed bump might shut down your controller ... perhaps a long shot, but worth checking out. I once had a riding mower with a bad seat switch that resulted in a similar problem that started out intermittent and then completely failed. You can disconnect and jumper your seat switch connector as a quick check.

Otherwise, figuring out if your solenoid is disengaging during the failure should help your troubleshooting as, WalterM6 was alluding to.

You might also want to make sure your key switch is functioning correctly as it too could be responsible for this problem.

Just some "brain storming" ideas here ... either that or "brain farts" ... not sure which!
Old 04-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #27
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

no there is no seat switch and I dont think there is a HPD issue. when it starts to lose power I can mash the pedal , then a slight delay and it will take off like a rocket.

the solenoid is not even a year old and seems to be working fine . slightly confused and not sure how to attempt this

[quote] You could try jumping from battery B+ to solenoid positive to keep the solenoid pulled in all the time. That would let you know if there is a bad power connection from the battery through the key sw and foot switch. As always observe all safety precautions as it may take off on you. Wait before you do that verify that you have HPD by applying the throttle and then turn the key on. If it doesn't move you got HPD. [quote/]

also going to try to test each battery under load today .. weather permitting
Old 04-15-2018, 07:39 AM   #28
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

a quick little test with voltmeter all batteries reading roughly 8.6 sitting . under load take off and bring it to 7.9/8.0 depending how hard i go , once moving along 8.2/8.3. questioning the soc so i put it on the charger and we will see .
Old 04-15-2018, 07:53 AM   #29
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I'm late to this thread and have not read all of it. Just wondering if you have checked connections at the controller.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #30
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I'm late to this thread and have not read all of it. Just wondering if you have checked connections at the controller.
yes , back when the problem started a check all connections and nothing lose but gave everything a snug.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car