lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Oil Additives

What's the best - highest level zinc additive on the market today? Remember some oils are heavier in zinc then others, depending on its use. Oils used in air-cooled engines with no catalytic converter are high in zinc but cost a lot. So -- what oil additive do you use?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil Additives

I use the Zdddplus. Great video on youtube with the timken bearing test.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

I've used these ZDDP products:

http://zddplus.com/products/zddplus-oil-additive/

http://www.zincadditive.com/

To be honest, I've found "ceramic" formulas to be the ticket for wear and tear protection. I've used Liquid Moly Ceratec in my vehicles engines for years. The chemistry has grown tremendously for additives over the last 10 years. The key is to use them only in the correct portion/ratio to the volume of oil as they prescribe.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
beater cart
Gone Wild

Break in oil https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jgr-01806/overview/
Every day oil https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jgr-02006/overview/
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I got some Rislone additive w/zddp, have another one here but forget what it is. Yeah I used more than it called for if you figure 5qt they assume you are adding. I think I did 1/3 of the amount for 5qt and used 1qt plus the additive and it filled the clone....I think that was last summer I could be off. Used synthetic road oil. Some say use the lawn or other offroad oil and its better than using an additive, I dunno, I figure it was better to use it than not and I like synthetic they give more power. I could not find offroad synthetic at the store I was at so did the additive.

Anyone recall the old graphite oil? I remember changing an old guys oil he went to FL every year. Had an old toyota with 280K on it or something only ran that black tar graphite oil in it lol. I bet you cant even buy it now. I also know the stuff like slick 50 really worked, wonder how much zinc was in them.
sho305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!