lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #41
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: ez go battery diagram electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
...and good nite
me too go to bed, late down here 11.30! good night!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #42
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Sorry folks, my bad on the picture evaluation.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #43
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

II say you got to be out here trying to help before you can make a mistake I wonder if these batts came up enough for testing today...... I'm afraid she has wasted another set by letting them set empty and idle for so long......
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #44
tia1971
Getting Wild

Sorry I did not know you all were going to stay up so late to help me! I do appreciate it! I left the charger on all night last night and it never kicked on so I unplugged it when I left wor work this morning. When I get home I am going to take a reading on the voltage but last night it was too dark and I could not see anything. I do not have light by the shed.

Scotty I noticed you stated "too bad they are known to fry the controller in low voltage situations" When this first happened I called the place I bought it and he had me do something that scared the living daylights out of me. I told him it did not look like the cart was charging like it use to charge and I felt it was a problem with the charger. He told me no that rarely ever happens and if it did that it would not take much to fix it. So I kept charging well. It was not doing any better so he had me take two screw drivers and stick them in the holes and touch them together to see if I got a spark. Well, after praying about it for a while I finally agreed to do it. I had my nephew stand a good ways from me and I handed him the phone and told him that if I stopped talking to him to call 911 and do not touch me at all. All went well of course but it scared the daylights out of me and I would not like to do that again. However, how can I tell if it is the charger? I know you still want a reading and I am going to do that but it will be after 5 before I get home.
tia1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well that was a silly thing for the tech to ask you to do I am beginning to think that mechanics and DC electric diagnostics just aren't your thing ...... Maybe you have a friend or a neighbor with a dc voltmeter? We need battery readings, from the individual batteries and the pack. The most likely cause of the charger not coming on is that the batteries are too low in voltage for the charger to "see" them.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #46
dougmcp
Gone Wild

What a flurry of stuff. I left at about 6 PM on the West coast and this morning, holy cow! I had to go back to page 1 to see where we were.

All right, it's a new day, here's a recap of the situation as I see it.

1996 DCS cart, non operational for the last year, batteries questionable, back up buzzer wire has been cut, batteries and cables have been somewhat swapped out with other used parts, wiring is correct, battery charger will not come on, no voltage numbers posted yet.
Has a meter but a little fuzzy on how to use it, explanation given, awaiting numbers.
Those wanting more info, start at page 1 and knock yourself out.

Basically, I think this whole problem is batteries and charging.
Here's what has to happen to determine condition:
1) Battery voltages - Pack and Individual - Post results
2) Charger - Charge individual batteries with a 6v charger or pairs with a 12v charger. Then charge the whole pack with the cart charger. After that do another series of voltage checks, pack and individual.

In the end I think this is going to boil down to a bad battery or batteries but no one will know until numbers have been established. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the goal is getting this going as cheaply as possible so replacing the whole pack is not in the mix.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #47
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Very good post doug..... we needed that I just want to mention that the cables I see in the pics are automotive 12v type cables and are not suited to golf cart use..... So when we do get it going, we are going to need to remedy that.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #48
gaston
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman
Sorry folks, my bad on the picture evaluation.
Even experts made mistakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia1971 View Post
...he had me take two screw drivers and stick them in the holes and touch them together to see if I got a spark.
This is where I would like this guy to ...join the forum to learn something he has never has to ask people to do...
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #49
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We could teach him

Even when the pack was "empty" .....You could still get a good spark from that.

So the stupid shock test proves nothing
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #50
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Wow... this is exciting guys. I'm actually very excited to see if you can get this cart running for this lady..... and still wondering how I wound up reading this thread in the first place..but good detective work you guys.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO