lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Default Anyone got some trick mirror mounting ideas?

Really don’t want to drill into my roof. Looking for some neat ideas for mounting a wide convex rear view mirror
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone got some trick mirror mounting ideas?

I'm going way way way out on a limb here with my idea. I found a "alligator-type" clip the other day while cleaning out my storage room. When I saw your post I thought of this clip and wondered if it might work because the only option I see that you have is to mount some sort of holder to your front roof strut.

I took the clip and went to my cart. The clip is the perfect size for my strut in that when it's clipped to the stut the handles lay flat. This allows the windshield to close and still have some clearance. The neat part is the wide L-shaped bracket that is attached to the handle of the clip. With one of these clips on each strut I think a bar of some sort could be mounted that would connect the two together - giving you a "bar" to mount your mirror to.
This is a very strong clip and it took both hands for me to open it enough to get it on the strut. But, I'm a girl.
You could easily make this type clip. Maybe shorter handles, larger L bracket......... use your imagination.
This is what you get for asking for ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clip 1.jpg (58.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Clip 2.jpg (45.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Clip 3.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got a friend that has a bar mounted between front roof supports. He then mounted the mirror to the bar. I was impressed that there was not the vibration I was expecting. You can buy a bar at HD, drill a few holes, paint, and mount.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

this mirror is $19 at most auto parts stores the brackets line up with my roof posts

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc lights (2).JPG (50.3 KB, 0 views)
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #5
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
this mirror is $19 at most auto parts stores the brackets line up with my roof posts
Great information! I've never seen that one.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car