lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New cart setup Alltrax log...seem ok?

Since you have a 60AH pack, You should lower the "Max Battery Amps" to 240 amps (4C discharge).

You can leave the "Max Motor Amps" at the maximum so you will get good lower end torque.

I would also raise the throttle rate to 20%.

I like my full torque to develop early and while there is not much change in speed in order to avoid a "jerky" start, these are the curves that I use but I do have a Sepex cart:

Speed:

Torque:

After monitoring my cart while starting, I noted at what throttle position I had sufficient torque for a smooth start so I also adjusted the throttle linearity in order to reduce the throttle resolution at take off (and at the top as well so small pedal movements don't have significant impact) and allow more throttle resolution at middle range:

While this is for a Sepex cart where the Controller has a lot more granular control of speed and torque, You may be able to further fine tune your Series cart once you get a feel for how the throttle interacts with your ride quality.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #12
BLK MAJK
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since you have a 60AH pack, You should lower the "Max Battery Amps" to 240 amps (4C discharge).

You can leave the "Max Motor Amps" at the maximum so you will get good lower end torque.

I would also raise the throttle rate to 20%.

I like my full torque to develop early and while there is not much change in speed in order to avoid a "jerky" start, these are the curves that I use but I do have a Sepex cart:

Speed:

Torque:

After monitoring my cart while starting, I noted at what throttle position I had sufficient torque for a smooth start so I also adjusted the throttle linearity in order to reduce the throttle resolution at take off (and at the top as well so small pedal movements don't have significant impact) and allow more throttle resolution at middle range:

While this is for a Sepex cart where the Controller has a lot more granular control of speed and torque, You may be able to further fine tune your Series cart once you get a feel for how the throttle interacts with your ride quality.
Thanks for the detailed info. I will have to play around with those curves. I had the throttle rate to 10% to try and calm down the power at initial throttle tip in. When I was moving the cart around in the garage it was peeling out every time I tried to back up/maneuver. It got a little dicey trying to parallel park it by the new kitchen cabinets waiting for me to install
BLK MAJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK MAJK View Post
Thanks for the detailed info. I will have to play around with those curves. I had the throttle rate to 10% to try and calm down the power at initial throttle tip in. When I was moving the cart around in the garage it was peeling out every time I tried to back up/maneuver. It got a little dicey trying to parallel park it by the new kitchen cabinets waiting for me to install
Had about the same problem with my 42V sepex system with tiny tires. Just looking at the pedal caused tires to spin.

Changed the Throttle Linearization so 10% at the pedal is only 3% at the controller, 20% is 8% and 50% is 30%.

In other words, the first half of the pedal travel is less sensitive, so you have better control for maneuvering at low speeds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Throttle Linearization.jpg (163.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO